VSTU - Voronezh Technical University
Description of VSTU - Voronezh Technical University
- Founded: 1956
- Location: Voronezh, Russia
- Number of students: 12,000
- Rating in Russia: 57.
Voronezh Technical University is one of the leading universities in Russia and offers a wide selection of technical specialties. The first sponsors of the university were members of the German company Helling.
VSTU is engaged in research and scientific activities, has patents for many inventions: a brushless electric motor, a ferrite antenna. University employees are engaged in developments in the field of nanotechnology.
There is a distance learning center in this university, which is convenient for nonresident and foreign students. The famous Windows Phone game “Earth Defenders” was invented and developed by students of VSTU. Among other advantages, VSTU offers students a double diploma: the program operates in conjunction with the Voronezh State University (Voronezh State University).
Of the most popular faculties, one can distinguish:
- energy and systems management
- computer security
- urban planning
- aerospace engineering
- road transport systems.
For students, preferential courses of obtaining a category B driver's license are available.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in VSTU - Voronezh Technical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
7 hostels are open for nonresident and foreign students: the total number of places is 2990. The hostels are equipped with living rooms, showers, kitchens, leisure rooms, and a gym. Students can eat at the student buffet, in which prices are much lower than in urban cafes.
Facilities and equipment at VSTU - Voronezh Technical University
In addition to educational buildings, dormitories and libraries, research centers and laboratories are opened on the basis of the university:
- Amorphous Materials Laboratory
- Nondestructive Testing Laboratory
- Ferroelectric Laboratory
- And so on.
The university produces polymer materials for the aerospace industry.
Admission dates and extra charges
In VSTU, the educational process, as in all universities of the country, is divided into semesters: every year - 2 semesters. If a nonresident student decides to rent a separate apartment in the city so as not to share rooms with other students, you need to be prepared for financial expenses from $ 334 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission it is important to present not only a good certificate of secondary education or a diploma of first higher education, but also pass the entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about VSTU - Voronezh Technical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.