* Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
Description of Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
- Established: 1918
- Location: Voronezh, Russia
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of study: state university.
The Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N.N. Burdenko is the oldest medical university in Russia, which traces its history to the University of Derpt, and moved to Voronezh in 1918. For almost 90 years, an independent educational institution has been graduating from medical practitioners and medical researchers.
Currently, the university structure includes 6 faculties and 3 educational institutes:
- Medical, pediatric, dental, pharmaceutical, medical and prophylactic faculties conduct training in specialty programs after graduation or secondary vocational education.
- The faculty of training highly qualified personnel offers internship and residency studies - the next steps in higher medical education in Russia.
- The International Institute for Medical Education and Cooperation graduates doctors to work abroad.
- The Institute of Nursing Education prepares specialists on the basis of secondary specialized vocational education and full secondary education.
- The Institute of Continuing Professional Education is engaged in continuing education, advanced training, and professional reorientation of doctors.
The university organizes the work of 64 departments, where 800 qualified employees are teaching, doing research, 149 doctors of medical sciences, of which 91 professors, 525 candidates of medical sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
Accommodation, meals, prices
Student dormitories are designed to accommodate nonresident and foreign students, interns, residents, graduate students and students of the Institute of Continuing Professional Education.
- Dormitory No. 1 (Koltsovskaya St., 9) - 209 beds. The 17-storey apartment building of improved layout was commissioned in 2012. Up to 16 people live on the floor; single, double and triple rooms are presented. Glazed loggias, spacious hallways, kitchens, modern showers.
- Dormitory No. 2 (49, Transportnaya St.) - 150 beds. The 4-storey building of the corridor type was commissioned in 1936. Up to 40 people live on the floor, there are double and triple rooms, each floor has a kitchen and a bathroom.
- Dormitory No. 3 (Studencheskaya St., 12) - 393 places. The 5-storey building of the corridor type was commissioned in 1954. Up to 100 people in triple rooms live on the floor. In the left and right wing of the floor there are kitchens, bathrooms, showers, there is a gym and a room for self-training. On the ground floor there is a student dining room and a buffet.
- Dormitory No. 4 (51, Transportnaya St.) - 652 beds. The 9-storey sectional building was commissioned in 1976. Up to 22 people live in the section in double and triple rooms. Each section has a bathroom, kitchen, showers, on the ground floor there is a library with a reading room, a gym.
- Dormitory No. 5 (Moskovsky Prospect, d. 185) - 704 places. The 9-storey sectional building was commissioned in 1986. The section has up to 11 people in double, triple rooms, a common kitchen, its own bathroom and shower. On the ground floor there is a reading room and a gym.
The cost of living in hostels (includes the cost of rent, utilities):
Cost of living for students studying on a budget
Cost of living for students under a contract for the provision of paid services
From 3000 rub.
From 1900 rub.
From 3200 rub.
From 2000 rub.
From 2500 rub.
Activities Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
Out-of-school time, educational work is carried out by public organizations, aimed at creating conditions for comfortable leisure, self-organization and self-realization for students. On the basis of the educational institution work:
- Center for Student Cultural Initiatives
- Sports Student Club
- Student Scientific Society
- Dormitory Tips
- Student squads
- Volunteer youth movements.
- The University develops and uses a wide variety of forms and methods of teaching: traditional lectures, seminars, practical classes, educational, industrial practice; new forms of training - computer, Internet classes, problematic teaching method, the use of video, computer training simulators; electives; self preparation.
- Students learn clinical skills in practice in basic hospitals and in clinical departments. Starting from the 2nd year, training is carried out in hospital wards, much attention is paid to the relationship between the patient and the doctor. Practices are conducted under the guidance of highly qualified, experienced leaders.
- According to 2010 data, Voronezh State Medical University ranks 4th among Russian universities in the quality of admission, overtaking Moscow State University and St. Petersburg State University and losing to Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, MGIMO and HSE.
- In 2014, Expert RA agency assigned the university a D rating, which means an “acceptable level” of graduate training.
Facilities and equipment at Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
University equipment is designed to meet the needs of medical and pharmaceutical education. Main buildings and premises:
- 5 educational buildings
- Dental clinic
- Children's Clinical Hospital
- 29 base hospitals
- 5 student dormitories
- Laboratory complexes with modern equipment
- Computer classes and internet access
- Central Research Laboratory
- 6 research institutes
- A library of 700,000 copies of educational and scientific literature.
The student nutrition system includes a dining room and a dining room for 120 people; in all hostels, educational buildings there are buffets. When completing classes in clinical departments, senior students have the opportunity to use the buffets of clinical hospitals deployed in medical institutions in Voronezh.
Organization of medical care: throughout the entire period of study, students, graduate students are under medical supervision of doctors of the University of Higher Vocational Health Voronezh City Clinical Clinic No. 1. For convenience of service, a medical center is located on the territory of the hostel No. 3 - a branch of the clinic (BUZ VO VGKP No. 1).
The sports base is represented by its own sports and fitness complex with a total area of 2838.2 square meters. m (closed building), in which there is a swimming pool, a hall for playing sports, a gym for fitness, a phytobar, a screening study room. Physical education classes for future mid-level specialists at VSMU N.N. Burdenko are held in an open stadium equipped with obstacle course elements.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university adopted a semester system of education.
Undergraduate training consists of two stages:
- Preclinical (1-2 years)
- Training and industrial practice takes place in parallel with teaching clinical disciplines, starting from the 2nd year
- Clinical (3-6 years).
Attendance at classes and practices is mandatory for all students.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the university for the first year to study in higher education programs is based on secondary general education, secondary vocational / higher education:
- According to the results of the unified state exam (USE) in general subjects corresponding to the specialty for which people with secondary general or vocational education are admitted.
- According to the results of entrance tests conducted by the university independently, for persons with disabilities, children with disabilities, people with disabilities, foreign citizens, people who received a document on secondary education within one year before the day of completion of acceptance of documents and entrance tests inclusive, if all certification tests of state final certification passed by them during the indicated period on educational programs of secondary general education were not submitted in the form of an exam (or they passed scoping certification procedures in foreign educational organizations and did not pass the exam in the specified period).
The minimum number of points of the unified state exam for admission to the educational programs "General Medicine", "Pediatrics", "Dentistry":
- Budget: chemistry - 40 b., Russian language - 40 b., Biology - 40 b.
- On a paid basis: chemistry - 38 b., Russian language - 38 b., Biology - 38 b.
When admission to study under the specialty programs, the selection committee accrues points for the following individual achievements:
- Certificate of secondary education with honors, containing information on awarding a gold or silver medal - 5 points.
- Diploma of secondary vocational education with honors - 5 points.
- The gold badge, obtained for the results of passing the standards of the sports complex "Ready for work and defense" - 2 points.
- Volunteer book (passport of a volunteer) containing information on the implementation of volunteer (volunteer) activities in the amount of at least 150 hours - 2 points.
- The diploma of the winner / winner of the final stage of the Olympics "The Future of Pharmacy" - 5 points.
- The diploma of the winner / winner of the final stage of the Olympics "Young Medic" - 5 points.
- Certificate of participation in the final stage of the Young Medic Olympiad organized and conducted by the university - 3 points.
Upon admission to study under the specialty programs, applicants for individual achievements can be awarded no more than 10 points in total.
List of documents:
- Document on secondary (full) general or secondary vocational education (original / copy)
- Passport and its copy (pages 2, 3 and registration page)
- 2 photos (matte) (34 cm) (for applicants based on the results of written exams, it is mandatory when submitting documents; the rest can submit 4 photos when enrolling)
- The original or copy of a medical certificate (or medical report) containing information about a medical examination in accordance with the list of medical specialists, laboratory and functional tests (Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of April 12, 2011 No. 302)
- When submitting applications, persons participating in the competition for targeted places submit a copy of the targeted training agreement
- Children with disabilities, people with disabilities from childhood, people with disabilities of groups I and II submit a document confirming disability.
Scholarships Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
Scholarships for students enrolled in higher education programs:
- State academic scholarship - 3000 rubles.
- Social scholarship - 4000 rubles.
- Supplement to academic scholarship - 10700 rubles.
- Supplement for students of 1, 2 courses, who passed the session on "good" / "excellent" - 14400 rubles.
- Scholarship for graduate students - 8000 rubles.
- Scholarship for residents - 8000 rubles.
Scholarships for students enrolled in secondary vocational education programs:
- State academic scholarship for students who passed the session “good” / “excellent” - 1250 rubles.
- Social scholarship - 1875 rubles.
- Nominal scholarship - 1484 rubles.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Voronezh State Medical Academy named after N. N. Burdenko - VGMA
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.