Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
Description of Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
- Location: Voronezh, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Academy was founded in 2006 in the city of Voronezh, is engaged in the educaion of specialists in sports and physical culture and is the alma mater of several Olympic champions.
The educational process includes the passage of lectures and seminars, the work of a practical sports direction, the passage of educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on two faculties:
- full-time education;
- distance learning.
There is also a college at the academy that educates students on the basis of secondary vocational education.
In 2021, 57 scientific papers were written and published by the staff and students of the Academy.
Things to know about
The Academy conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Belarusian State University of Physical Culture;
- Francisk Skaryna Gomel State University;
- Vitebsk State University named after P. M. Marsherov;
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University;
- Kazakh Academy of Sports and Tourism;
- Dagestan State University of National Economy;
- Uzbek State University of Physical Culture and Sports.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the academy provides a place in a dormitory. The total number of places to stay is 189. First of all, students who have entered "by special right" are accommodated. Students are provided with double and triple rooms, the dormitory has the ability to connect the Internet to the living rooms, and there is a TV network.
For catering, the academy has a dining room and a buffet for 90 seats.
Activities Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
- All-Russian competitions among students in Tatarstan;
- City Soldier's Song Festival;
- Interuniversity round table dedicated to the Day of Russian Science;
- All-Russian competitions "Russian Winter";
- Championship of the Voronezh region in athletics;
- Basketball League Championship "KES-BASKET";
- Championship of the Central Federal District;
- ASB Championship;
- Forum "Country of Winners";
- All-Russian kickboxing competitions;
- High jump competition "Battle of the Sexes";
- Russian Jiu-Jitsu Championship.
Facilities and equipment at Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
The educational process takes place in two buildings, which are equipped with classrooms for lectures and practical classes, equipped with the necessary modern material and technical means: multimedia devices and computers. For specialized education, students are provided with:
- 2 gyms;
- Trampoline hall;
- Choreography Hall;
- 2 gyms;
- Wrestling Hall;
- Boxing hall;
- Martial Arts Hall;
- 2 shooting ranges.
Also, access to the educational library with a reading room (49 seats) is provided for free visits.
Admission dates and extra charges
The learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given a vacation (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at VGAS, students incur the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to the academy, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- One photo is for persons applying for education based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the organization independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of the Academy;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 1280 students are studying at VGAS. In 2022, the biggest competition was 5 people per place.
After receiving education at the academy, graduates become specialists in demand in the labor market in the field of sports and physical culture. Thanks to unhindered access to sports facilities and equipment, students have the opportunity to carry out their development and advancement in their sports careers.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 27;
- Russian language — 36;
- Social Studies — 42;
- Biology — 36.
- Passing entrance examinations conducted by the university independently with scores not lower than:
- Assessment of motor activity – 50;
- Theory of Physical Culture - 50.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the organization independently.
Scholarships Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- ROC scholarships;
In addition, the academy provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Voronezh State Academy of Sports, VGAS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.