Vologda State University, VoSU
Description of Vologda State University, VoSU
- Location: Vologda, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 2013 in the city of Vologda, at the moment it is the largest university in the Vologda region.
The educational process includes courses of lectures, practical and laboratory classes, as well as the passage of educational and industrial-scientific practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties:
- Engineering and construction;
- Foreign languages, culture and arts;
- Applied Mathematics, Computer Technology and Physics;
- Production management and innovative technologies;
- Social work, pedagogy and psychology;
- Physical culture;
VoSU publishes its own magazine "Vestnik", which reflects the modern new achievements of students and staff of this university. A large proportion of scientific research is made up of research in the field of technical sciences.
Things to know about
The University cooperates with such foreign educational institutions as:
- Leopold-Franz University of Innsburk, Austria;
- Institute of Mathematics and Mechanics of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan;
- F. Skorina Gomel State University, Belarus;
- Brest State Technical University, Belarus;
- Technical University of Varna, Bulgaria;
- Varna Free University "Chernorizets Hrabar", Bulgaria;
- University of Applied Sciences, Münster, Germany;
- University of Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Vologda State University, VoSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides a place in the hostel. At the moment, the university has 11 residential buildings. Dormitories are presented in both corridor and sectional plan, the total number of places to stay is 2647. The average cost of living per month is 500 rubles.
To organize meals for students and staff in the educational institution, the university has 7 catering facilities: 5 canteens, a cafe and a coffee shop. The total number of seats is 706.
Activities Vologda State University, VoSU
To involve students in the social and popular scientific life of the university, the following events are held:
- All-Russian competition for the best research work "Teacher of literature and his role in the formation of cultural and educational space";
- Competition of student creativity "TalentiliVO";
- Intellectual game QU&AS;
- Exhibition of projects of students of the Center "House of Scientific Collaboration named after S.V. Ilyushin";
- Initial project education within the framework of the Acceleration Program "I am in the project!";
- Scientific and methodical seminar "Philology looks to the future";
- Screening of the feature film by Sergei Bondarchuk based on the novel of the same name by Mikhail Sholokhov "They Fought for the Motherland";
- Educational project "From Place to Career" of the Russian Society "Knowledge";
- Regional competition of research works "Tree of Life".
Facilities and equipment at Vologda State University, VoSU
The educational process of the university is carried out in 9 buildings. All buildings are equipped with classrooms for practical and lecture classes, classrooms are equipped with modern material and technical base in the form of screens, projectors, computers, audio and video systems.
For free use, the information and library complex of the university is available, which includes 4 reading rooms and a French library. The total number of seats is 284.
Admission dates and extra charges
At VoSU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in the hostel;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to the university it is necessary to provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- A document confirming disability or disability (if any);
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- Photography – for persons entering the education on the basis of the results of tests conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office;
- In electronic form through the voSU electronic information system;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the admission campaign of 2022, more than 800 people entered undergraduate programs, the average passing score was 177 points.
At the moment, more than 8800 undergraduate and graduate students study at the university.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language — 30.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of the university's entrance tests with scores not lower than 35.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of entrance tests, with points not lower than the level established by the university:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Vologda State University, VoSU
As a material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State academic - from 690 rubles;
- State social — from 1050 rubles;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation — 840 rubles.
In addition, the university provides material assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Vologda State University, VoSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.