Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
Description of Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
- Location: Volgograd, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1930 in the city of Volgograd. At the moment, VSTU is the leading university of the Volga region, one of the largest scientific centers in the South of the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process of the university takes place on the basis of the following faculties:
- automated systems, transport and weapons;
- road transport;
- technologies of structural materials;
- food production technologies;
- economics and management;
- electronics and computer engineering;
- architecture and urban development;
- construction and housing and communal services;
- transport, engineering systems and technospheric safety;
- pre-university education;
- education of foreign specialists.
Also, VSTU has the following branches:
- Kamyshin Technological Institute;
- Volga Polytechnic Institute;
- Volga Scientific and Technical Complex;
- Sebryakov branch (Mikhaylovka).
Things to know about
In 2020, VSTU was awarded the medal "For Merit to the Volgograd Region": the university became the first organization in the region to be awarded this award.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides a campus with 7 dormitories with a capacity of 3321 seats.
The university has 14 buffets in two buildings for 1038 seats.
Activities Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
The following events are carried out by VSTU:
- Forum of Young Scientists of the South of Russia "Leaders of Change";
- Competition research institute of VolgSTU;
- Visiting School of Young Scientists and Researchers of the Volgograd Region;
- Regional Conference of Young Researchers of the Volgograd Region.
Facilities and equipment at Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
The educational process takes place in two buildings with a total area of more than 6.8 thousand square meters. The buildings are equipped with classrooms for theoretical and practical classes, equipped with modern material and technical and professionally specialized base.
For sports there are 14 sports facilities, including volleyball and basketball courts, gyms and swimming pools. On the territory of the university, students have access to high-speed Internet.
Admission dates and extra charges
At VSTU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university, students assume the following additional costs:
- Accommodation and meals;
- For leisure and recreation.
For admission, the applicant provides:
- Identity and citizenship document;
- Document on education and qualifications;
- SNILS (if any);
- A document confirming disability and / or the right to admission without entrance tests;
- Documents confirming individual achievements;
- Two photographs (for persons entering the education on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the organization independently).
Documents are sent to:
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail;
- In electronic form through EPGU (super service "Enter the university online").
In 2022, more than 9,000 applications were submitted for admission to VSTU, the average score for which was 66.69.
For internship and further employment of graduates, the university cooperates with the following enterprises:
- JSC "FNPC Titan-Barricades";
- JSC "Volgogradneftemash";
- LLC LUKOIL-Volgogradneftepererabotka;
- Branch "Volgograd Aluminum Plant of the Siberian-Ural Aluminum Company";
- Volga Pipe Plant;
- JSC "Volzhsky Orgsintez";
- LLC "Concession of heat supply".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Mathematics, 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Literature: 40;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language — 30.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of university entrance tests, the minimum scores for which the university sets independently.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance tests with scores not lower than 61:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
The university provides material support to its full-time students:
- State academic scholarship for undergraduate and graduate students;
- State social scholarship;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarship of the Primary Trade Union Organization of VolgSTU students;
- Scholarship named after V. I. Vernadsky;
- Scholarship named after A. I. Solzhenitsyn;
- D. S. Likhachev Scholarship;
- Gaidar Scholarship;
- Maslyukov Scholarship;
- Scholarship of the Hero City of Volgograd;
- Personal scholarship of the Volgograd region.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Volgograd State Technical University, VSTU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.