Ural State University of Economics, USUE
Description of Ural State University of Economics, USUE
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Ural State University of Economics was founded on September 10, 1967 as the Sverdlovsk Institute of National Economy. The functions and powers of the founder of the university are carried out by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Russia.
The educational process of the university is regulated by local regulations developed in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation in the field of education, and the Charter of USUE.
Faculties and colleges
The university consists of a college and 7 institutes:
- digital technologies of management and information security;
- management, entrepreneurship and engineering;
- state, municipal administration and law;
- economics and finance;
- Master's degree;
- continuing and distance education;
- strategic planning and financial analysis.
USUE is a modern multidisciplinary research complex, the organization of which is based on the principles of project management. The organization of scientific research within the framework of projects allows you to combine administrative levers and the presentation of conditions for creative work.
The university has 11 scientific schools. Their teams carry out research within the framework of priority areas of science, technology and engineering of the Russian Federation, the topics of the markets of the national technology initiative.
Every year USUE organizes a number of scientific and practical events for university students: conferences, round tables, research competitions, seminars, open lectures on scientific topics. Also, students of the university can take part in external scientific and practical events.
The University has a Student Scientific Society, which unites on a voluntary basis students who actively participate in scientific, organizational and research work.
Things to know about
Of the total number of teaching staff, 92 people have the degree of Doctor of Sciences, 350 people have a Candidate of Sciences, 48 people have the title of Professor, and 240 people have the title of Associate Professor.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural State University of Economics, USUE
Accommodation, meals, prices
The University has three well-equipped student dormitories, which are provided to non-resident students in the first place.
Meals for students and employees of the university are provided by its own plant, which simultaneously provides hot meals to 470 people. Canteens and buffets are available at all sites of the university.
Activities Ural State University of Economics, USUE
One of the priority areas for extracurricular activities of the university is the activity of civic and patriotic education. On a systematic basis, national teams are being prepared to participate in military sports games, meetings are held within the framework of the "Heroes Among Us" project with the Heroes of the USSR and the Russian Federation, The Heroes of Socialist Labor and the Heroes of Labor of the Russian Federation.
USUE successfully employs 5 assets, 7 teams, 25 associations, which employ more than 2500 students.
The House of Culture organizes events of the international, federal, regional and city levels, conducts constant work with creative teams, organizes the participation of student creative teams in events held by inter-university, regional, all-Russian and international associations for working with young people. Currently, 10 creative teams work in the USUE House of Culture.
In the USUE History Museum there are 3 exhibition venues:
- the main exposition of the museum with modern multimedia equipment;
- exhibition "History of the development of the national economy from the second half of the XIX century";
- exhibition "Eurasian Economic Youth Forum".
The university has 23 sports sections.
Facilities and equipment at Ural State University of Economics, USUE
The territory of the university occupies more than 6 hectares in Yekaterinburg and a plot in Kamensk-Uralsky. In total, the university has 35 real estate objects with a total area of 60,704.4 square meters, including 3 educational buildings, 3 student dormitories, a building of the Palace of Culture and a dining room, a sports complex building, an Economist recreation center.
The AUDITORIUM fund is represented by 105 classrooms, 23 laboratories, 20 computer classes and 4 classrooms equipped with educational furniture, chalk boards, multimedia equipment, screens, wireless Internet access.
The information and library complex of the university provides information and library services and includes 3 subscriptions, a reading room and an electronic information hall.
As part of the university there is an object of cultural heritage of regional importance - the Building of the Theological School. Educational building of the Sverdlovsk Institute of National Economy" (1840s of construction).
The sports and recreation complex of the university consists of several sites:
- sports and recreation complex;
- a multidisciplinary stadium with an obstacle course;
- gym with fitness equipment in the dormitory.
The multidisciplinary stadium consists of:
- football field;
- treadmill 150 meters long;
- volleyball court;
- obstacle course;
- TRP site.
In the sports and recreation complex there is a fitness center "Eurasia" with new equipment, where students and employees can improve their sports training and spend time with health benefits. The infrastructure of the sports complex is designed for practicing various sports, equipped with a game hall, a martial arts hall, a gym, a table tennis hall, a gymnastics hall, a climbing wall. All halls are equipped with modern sports equipment and exercise equipment, and locker rooms are equipped with showers.
For public events and creative work, the university has a theater and concert hall of the House of Culture with modern lighting and sound operating equipment, the capacity is 700 seats.
In the main educational building of USUE there is a medical center.
All facilities are equipped with automatic fire alarm and video surveillance system.
Admission dates and extra charges
The educational process at the university is organized by academic years (courses) and semesters (autumn and spring).
Additional costs include accommodation fees (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
When submitting an application for consent to enrollment to the university, it is necessary to provide the following set of documents:
- identity and citizenship document;
- a document on the appropriate level of education;
- documents confirming special rights and/or personal achievements.
Documents can be sent to the admissions office by mail, electronically or in person.
Every year about 4500 people enter the university, more than 15 thousand people study at the university.
In order to increase the demand for USUE graduates in the labor market, the following events are held:
- "Career Hour at USUE" - monthly individual consultations from professionals in the field of personnel management, allowing students and graduates to form the skills of successful interviewing and personal positioning of themselves in the labor market;
- university-wide job fairs "Profi Elka at USUE", "Conveyor of vacancies at USUE" and "Vaccination against unemployment" together with the Yekaterinburg Employment Center;
- publication of the annual collection "Professional Diving" about existing vacancies and approaches to personnel policy at enterprises and organizations of the Sverdlovsk region for USUE graduates;
- informing about the competition and supporting competitive applications within the framework of the federal project "Professional Internships.RF";
- attraction of employers-partners and students to the platforms "Facultius" and "Russia is a country of opportunities".
The university annually supports the holding of the Eurasian Economic Youth Forum.
The Ural State University of Economics is implementing a project - the Annual Award "The Best Employer - Partner of USUE", the purpose of which is to draw attention to the importance of systemic interaction between employers and the university, demonstrate specific examples of successful cooperation and dissemination of positive experience in this area.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Persons with secondary general or secondary vocational or higher education are allowed to master bachelor's and specialist's programs.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 40;
- Geography – 40;
- Foreign language – 30;
- History – 35;
- Mathematics – 39;
- Biology – 39;
- Chemistry – 39;
- Physics – 39;
- Social Studies – 45.
Scholarships Ural State University of Economics, USUE
In addition to state academic and social scholarships, university students have the opportunity to receive:
- scholarships of the Academic Council of USUE,
- scholarships named after Professor Veselov N.G.,
- scholarships of the Governor of the Sverdlovsk region,
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation,
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural State University of Economics, USUE
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.