Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
Description of Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: 17+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded on May 15, 1972 on the basis of the Ural branch of the Moscow Architectural Institute as the Sverdlovsk Architectural University. UrGAHU is the largest specialized university in Russia and the Ural Federal District, which provides comprehensive training of architects, urban planners, designers and artists.
Faculties and colleges
There are 6 institutes and faculties of UrGAHU:
- Architectural Institute;
- Institute of Design;
- Institute of Fine Arts;
- Faculty of full-time correspondence (evening) education;
- Faculty of Additional Professional Education;
- Faculty of pre-university training.
The research activities of the Ural State Academy of State Agrarian University are carried out in the following areas:
- research work:
- innovative and creative work:
- publishing activity:
- publication of textbooks;
- publication of monographs;
- presentation activities:
- master classes;
- training of highly qualified personnel (postgraduate studies).
The University acts as a creator of innovative products.
The scientific activity of UrGAHU is represented by the following scientific schools:
- History and future of architecture;
- Ecology and sustainable development of the cities of the Urals;
- School of Northern Design;
- Ural Animation School;
- Art in the architectural environment;
- Ural Tapestry School;
- Pedagogical school.
Things to know about
URGAHU is a full member of the international Association of Universities and Colleges of Arts, Design and Media CUMULUS.
The teaching staff of the university consists of 242 qualified teachers, including 45 doctors of science and professors, 96 candidates of science and associate professors, 4 members of state academies, 110 members of creative Unions of architects, designers, artists, 7 Honored Architects, artists, scientists and cultural figures of the Russian Federation.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
Accommodation, meals, prices
UrGAHU has two dormitories of block and corridor types for 809 seats. In the corridor-type dormitory there are additional rooms to improve the living conditions of students:
- room for drying and ironing clothes;
- study room;
- library room;
- laundry with automatic machines;
UrGAHU has a modern dining room for 120 seats.
Activities Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
Creative teams of UsGAHU students:
- Pop vocal studio "Archimedes";
- Dance group "Ultramarine";
- Arkhidar Literary Studio;
- Photo Club;
- Archipelago Magazine;
- Radio MonArch;
- Tourist club.
- table tennis;
- cross-country skiing.
Facilities and equipment at Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
The educational process is carried out in 9 educational buildings. In total, the following are involved in the educational process:
- 34 lecture halls;
- 20 rooms for practical exercises;
- 45 specialized training workshops;
- 1 language room for 15 workplaces;
- 10 computer classes;
- 10 methodical rooms, etc.
The material base of the Ural State Academy of Arts for sports consists of two indoor premises: these are two sports universal halls with markings of a basketball court, a volleyball court and a playground for playing tennis, a gym.
In the building of the sports base "Shartash" there are:
- ski base;
- ski storage for 150 sets;
- classes for theoretical lessons.
The University has a specialized complex for research, design, creative and exhibition activities – the Ural Center for Design Development. On its basis there are:
- Museum of Architecture and Design;
- Two exhibition halls;
- Premises of the storage facility.
A medical center is equipped in UrGAHU.
The university has a library with three reading rooms for 150 seats, a subscription and a computer room. In the educational process, 432 computers are used. All the buildings of the Ural State Academy of State Agrarian University are combined into a single local network with access to the Internet.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test-examination session.
Additional expenses of students may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for non-residents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
List of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document;
- Document on education;
- Documents confirming special rights and (or) individual achievements;
Every year about 2000 people study at the university.
Partners of the university for the employment of graduates:
- Ministry of Construction and Infrastructure Development of the Sverdlovsk Region;
- Department of Architecture, Urban Planning and Regulation of Land Relations of the Administration of Yekaterinburg;
- Branch of the Federal State Budgetary Institution "TsNIIP of the Ministry of Construction of Russia";
- JSC "Uralgrazhdanproekt";
- State Budgetary Institution "Department of Capital Construction of the Sverdlovsk Region";
- JSC PA "Ural Optical and Mechanical Plant named after E.S. Yalamov";
- AVTOVAZ OJSC;
- OJSC KAMAZ;
- RSG-Akademicheskoye CJSC;
- OJSC Concern "Kalina";
- LLC "Media Holding "Ural Worker";
- JSC "NPO Avtomatiki named after Academician N.A. Semikhatov";
- LLC "Creative Production Association "Yekaterinburg Art Fund";
- LLC "Advertising Plant";
- Interior design studio "Gradiz";
- Euroset Retail LLC;
- LLC "Project 12" and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Mathematics – 39;
- Russian language – 40;
- Literature – 40.
Scholarships Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
The following types of payments can be assigned to university students:
- state academic scholarship;
- state social scholarship;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships awarded by legal entities and individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides material support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural State University of Architecture and Arts, Ural State Academy of Arts
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.