Ural State Mining University, UGSU
Description of Ural State Mining University, UGSU
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of education: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
UGSU is the oldest university in the Ural Federal District. The education of students at the University takes place in close relationship with the enterprises of the mining complex of the country.
The implementation of the educational program at UGSU provides for the following forms of organizing the cognitive activity of students: lectures, practical and seminar classes, extracurricular work.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of UGSU includes:
- Ural Geological Museum;
- Institute of Additional Professional Education;
- Driving school;
- Faculty of Engineering and Economics;
- Faculty of Mining and Technology;
- Faculty of Urban Economy;
- Faculty of Mining and Mechanical Engineering;
- Faculty of Geology and Geophysics;
- Faculty of Distance Learning.
UGSU is one of the participants of the program of strategic academic leadership "Priority-2030", annually holds research conferences, publishes scientific journals:
- "Izvestiya vuzov. Mining Journal";
- "Izvestiya UGSU".
Things to know about
In 2014, UGSU celebrated its 100th anniversary.
In 2019, UGSU concluded a Memorandum of Understanding with the National Key University "Harbin Far Eastern Technological Institute" (China).
UGSU has its own symbols: coat of arms, flag, anthem and uniform.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural State Mining University, UGSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident and foreign students are allocated a place to live on the territory of UGSU in one of the 4 buildings of the campus. Dormitory buildings are equipped with fire safety systems and video surveillance, there is a pass system.
The cost of living in a hostel is an average of 1040 rubles per month, the cost depends on the building of the hostel and the period of residence (heated or unheated season).
Students are nourished in two ways. During the academic day, students can visit the university canteen between classes, and during extracurricular hours they can cook their own lunch in the kitchens equipped in each building of the dormitories.
Activities Ural State Mining University, UGSU
In addition to the educational process, UGSU pays attention to the educational process. The administration of the university conducts an active policy for a healthy lifestyle of students, patriotic and creative development. In extracurricular time, students can attend sports sections, creative teams and participate in cultural events.
- KVN Studio;
- Choral Studio;
- Pop-jazz studio;
- Choreographic studio and others.
Facilities and equipment at Ural State Mining University, UGSU
The educational buildings of UGSU are located in the center of Yekaterinburg, you can get there by any type of public transport. In total, the University has 14 academic buildings at its disposal.
The average classrooms can accommodate about 30 seats. Lecture halls are equipped to connect a laptop and a projector, classrooms for practical classes are equipped with computers, technical teaching aids and information stands. All buildings are partially adapted to the education of persons with disabilities.
Separately equipped sports building with an open stadium. There is a medical center and a sports doctor.
Admission dates and extra charges
The beginning of the academic year at UGSU is dated September 1, the end depends on the schedule of the educational process. One education course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions. Holidays during one academic year are on average 8-9 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
Additional costs include:
- Travel by public transport;
- Other household expenses.
Acceptance of documents for full-time education in UGSU begins on June 20 of this year. At the same time, an applicant can apply for 5 areas of study. Deadlines for accepting documents for state-funded places:
- Until July 20 - for persons entering on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the University independently;
- Until July 25 - for persons entering the unified state exam.
The deadline for accepting documents for paid places is August 19.
You can submit documents in three ways:
- personally to the admissions office;
- by mail;
- in electronic form (through the portal "Public Services").
List of documents:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document on education (certificate or diploma);
- 1 photograph (3x4 );
- a medical certificate containing information on the conduct of a medical examination;
- documents confirming special rights and benefits, individual achievements.
More than 8000 students study at UGSU annually.
- 115 (undergraduate programs);
- 410 (according to the programs of the specialization).
Thanks to the close cooperation of UGSU with mining enterprises, students have the opportunity to practice directly at the places of future work. Every year, more than 80% of graduates get a job in the first year after graduation.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
If you want to become a student of UGSU, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Ural State Mining University, UGSU
- The minimum amount of the state academic scholarship in UGSU is 2695 rubles.
- The size of the state social scholarship is 4043 rubles.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural State Mining University, UGSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.