Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
Description of Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Ural Institute for the Humanities is the largest institute within UrFU. The IGO is a prestigious educational institution that annually produces hundreds of successful graduates.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the UrFU IGO includes the following subdivisions:
- Department of Linguistics;
- Department of "Faculty of History";
- Department of Political Science and Sociology;
- Department of International Relations;
- Department of Philosophy;
- Department of Psychology;
- Department of Art History, Cultural Studies and Design;
- Department "Faculty of Journalism";
- Department of Philology;
- Confucius Institute;
- Institute for Advanced Education.
Every year, a large number of special and interdisciplinary scientific events are held on the basis of the University - the UrFU Youth Convention.
UrFU IGO in support of novice scientists holds a competition "My First Grant".
In 2022, the delegation of the Directorate of the UrFU IGO took part in the scientific and educational conference "DNA of Russia" in Sochi.
Things to know about
In 2012, a fund was founded to form an endowment capital for the development of UrFU – the Endowment Fund.
Students of the UrFU IGO get a unique opportunity to undergo semester education in leading foreign universities.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident and foreign students of the UrFU UGI are provided with a place in one of the 18 buildings of the hostel. The total capacity of all buildings of the hostel is 7850.
Students' meals are provided in the canteen and buffets of UrFU.
Activities Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
On the basis of UrFU, the Center for Student Creativity operates. Students of the UrFU IGO annually take part in bright extracurricular activities, can become part of the following creative teams:
- KVN League;
- Academic Choir;
- Serebrovsky Chapel;
- Dance Class;
- Rifei Orchestra;
- Hip-hop studio "Fast and Furious";
- Verona Theatre.
Traditional events of UrFU:
- Traditional choral concert;
- New Year's reporting concert;
- May Points;
- Debut of freshmen;
- Fair of creative opportunities.
Facilities and equipment at Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
Classes are held in large and bright classrooms, well equipped. Classrooms are equipped with modern computers, audio systems and projectors for visualization of lecture materials. Classrooms for practical classes are equipped with the necessary equipment: stands, scientific materials.
In the buildings of the UrFI there are medical centers.
On the territory of the main building there is a sports stadium UrFI, at the disposal of students there is a swimming pool, a shooting range, a sports complex of game sports, indoor tennis courts.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at UrFU IGO is divided into two semesters:
- Autumn (September-December);
- Spring (January-June).
At the end of each of the two semesters, an examination session is held.
Winter holidays (January) and summer (June-August).
- Accommodation in a hostel - from 1700 rubles / month;
- Transportation costs;
- Other household expenses.
Acceptance of documents in the IGO UrFI begins on June 20. You can submit documents in 4 ways:
- By mail;
- Through the Personal Account of the UrFI abituriant;
- With the help of the service "Admission to the university online".
List of documents for admission:
- application for admission to the UrFI;
- identity and citizenship document (passport);
- a document of the established sample on completed education (certificate and / or diploma);
- SNILS (if any);
- Photo (size 3x4 cm) in printed or electronic form.
Upon successful completion of the competition for a place, a contract for the provision of educational services is concluded.
More than 7,000 students annually study at the UrFU IGO, since 2017, more than 37,000 people have graduated from the IGO.
Education of students in the UrFU IGO is implemented in partnership with future employers. The knowledge that students gain allows you to start building a career on the student bench.
The main partners of the UrFU IGO:
- SKB Kontur;
- Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia;
- Ural Music Night.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the UrFU IGO for higher education, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Completed education: secondary general or secondary specialized;
- Successful completion of computer testing or unified state exam (including for citizens of foreign countries).
The minimum number of points according to the results of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 40;
- Literature – 40;
- Mathematics – 39;
- Social Studies – 45;
- History – 35.
For admission to a number of areas of study, the applicant will need to pass the professional test "Creative Competition" (the minimum number of points is 40).
Scholarships Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Increased academic scholarship for achievements;
- Increased social scholarship for 1st and 2nd year students;
- Special scholarships for 1st year masters;
- State scholarships for postgraduate students;
- Special increased scholarships for 1st year students (bachelor's and specialist's degree);
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin, UGI UrFU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.