University of Seychelles is a young university that, over the 10 years of its existence, has become one of the leaders in higher education in its region. The task of the University of Seychelles is not only to prepare high-quality specialists for its republic. The university, together with the government, state and private organizations, is involved in solving global problems of society: making environmental decisions, increasing the level of social support, preserving the cultural heritage.
UniSey demonstrates international standards for the quality of education: high demands are placed on teachers, training programs, and the level of research work. Many teachers have experience working in leading universities in the world.
Ongoing cooperation in research programs and solving pressing problems with organizations of various forms of ownership and lines of business helps UniSey to see changes in the world of business and technology, to monitor new requirements for the competencies of specialists. All this is used in the development of programs, in the search for unique training programs, the development of skills among future professionals.
Research institutes and educational centers work on the problems of modern society and their state: James Michel Bleu Institute for Economic Research, Creole Language and Culture Research Institute, James R. Mancham Institute for Peace and Diplomacy, Center for Environmental Education, Center for Biological Diversity and Island Conservation.
Education at UniSey takes place on 3 campuses.
All 3 campuses are located on the island of Mahe: students communicate with each other, they are united by an active student life. Student clubs unite youth in their interests, one of the most influential is the Eco-Academy.
The location of the university on the island contributes to marine sports: swimming, surfing.
The academic year is divided into trimesters, begins in September.
The university administration provides scholarships and other financial assistance to students. There are also government scholarships help from other organizations.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.