University of Namibia
Description of University of Namibia
The University of Namibia (abbreviated as UNAM ) is an educational institution of state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities since the beginning of the distant 1992 in Namibia. Currently, the main university building is located in Windhoek on the territory of a small student campus.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Namibia
Facilities and equipment at University of Namibia
University is one of the rather large universities, since every year there is a course of about 24,000 students who successfully complete the course. The teaching staff of this higher educational institution is about 1500 teachers of the highest category. The university maintains close cooperation with various international universities on student exchange issues.
Infrastructure University of Namibia
The university provides students with the best conditions for learning. At the disposal of students and teachers a large scientific library. In addition, visiting students can stay in a dormitory, use the sports grounds for recreation and sports for free. The university is actively developing, willingly sharing its experience, as evidenced by its entry into such authoritative groups as the Association of African Universities (AAU) and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Along with the results of the examinations for admission to the university, it is necessary to provide information on the student's progress. After all the documents required by the university have been submitted, more than half (60 percent) of the applicants successfully enter the university. But it should be borne in mind that when enrolling in UNAM, the percentage of applicants may vary considerably depending on the popularity of the course chosen for study.
Tuition fees at the University of Namibia
Each academic year at the university is traditionally divided into two semesters. education is conducted on a paid basis with the ability to return part of the cost, receiving a scholarship. Both locals and visitors from different countries always apply for places at the university. For each semester, future graduates pay an amount of $ 2,500. Students can get an education remotely or internally. When planning to enter and study at this university, it is recommended to specify in advance all the information through the institution's website (portal address http://www.unam.na).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Namibia
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.