Tyumen State University
Description of Tyumen State University
- Location: Tyumen, Russia
- Year of foundation: 1930
- Language of instruction: Russian, English
- Forms of education: full-time, full-time, correspondence
- Number of students: more than 20 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Tyumen State University (Tyumen State University) is the first higher educational institution in the Tyumen region. Tyumen State University was established on the basis of the Tyumen Agropedagogical Institute in 1930, since 1973 it has existed under its current name. The university consists of narrow-profile institutes:
- Financial and Economic (FEI)
- State, law
- Mathematics, Computer Science
- Physical and Technical (PTI)
- Earth Sciences
- Psychology, pedagogy
- Social sciences and humanities
- Physical culture
- Distance education
- Ecological, agricultural biology
- School of Advanced Study (SAS)
- Regional Institute for International Cooperation
- Polytechnic School.
About 20,000 students are enrolled in bachelor's, specialist's, master's, postgraduate programs. Of the total number of students - about 2500 foreigners from 35 countries. The teaching staff includes more than 2000 highly qualified specialists: doctors and candidates of sciences, associate professors.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tyumen State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Seven dormitories of two types have been prepared for students' accommodation: apartment and corridor. The living rooms are furnished for 1-4 inhabitants. The monthly cost of living consists of a fee for the premises and utilities - about 1300 p. To the main amount are added services: electric stove, ironing board, laundry, etc. - about 50 rubles per month.
Students eat in university canteens, buffets on school days, on weekends they visit city supermarkets, cafes, restaurants.
Activities Tyumen State University
Student extracurricular activities at the university have many directions:
- Popularization of science: societies for the study of chemistry, economics, psychology
- Culture, creativity: choreography, music, theatre, literature, photography, fashion and design
- Volunteering, social design: volunteer groups, volunteer associations
- Information resources: nine media centers of various directions
- Professional competences: headquarters of detachments, club of psychology, association of landscape designers, etc.
- Historical and patriotic education: search, patriotic detachments
- International cooperation: international clubs
- Communication platforms: tea, cultural and literary, discussion clubs
- Intellectual associations: intellectual games, competitions.
Sports in Tyumen State University:
- American Football - Black Sables
- Hiking and tourist club
- Esports League
- Hockey club
- Institute of Martial Arts
- Fencing Club
- Chess Club.
National teams participate in competitions, Spartakiads. Calendar holidays are regularly celebrated at the university, thematic events and volunteer work are organized.
- One of the participants of the project 5-100 of the program to increase the international competitiveness of Russian universities among the world scientific and educational institutions
- International rankings: THE Times Higher Education, SuperJob, Forbes
- One of the 50 best universities in the country in the field of natural and mathematical sciences
- The only university in Russia in the ranking of TOP employers from HeadHanter
- Inclusive education of high quality
- Education is built on the system of IOT - an individual educational trajectory according to the abilities of each student.
Facilities and equipment at Tyumen State University
The university is located on the territory in the historical part of the city. In 15 buildings there are:
- Classrooms, computer classes
- Practical laboratories
- Library and museum complex with reading rooms, Internet access to databases, electronic sources
- Publishing Center, which publishes the journals "Bulletin of Tyumen State University", "University and Region", Acarina, BRICS Law Journal, Language & Science
- Medical centers
- Canteens, buffets
- Sports facilities: gyms, gymnastics, game halls, swimming pool
- Outdoor stadium, Winter Sports Center.
With the help of the Tempus project and the Hildesheim Foundation University, an inclusive education center has been created at Tyumen State University, equipped with special equipment for training persons with disabilities.
Branches of the university:
- Pedagogical Institute named after D.I. Mendeleev in Tobolsk
- Pedagogical Institute named after P.P. Ershov in Ishim
- Government of Tyumen State University in Gubkinsky, Noyabrsk, Surgut, Petropavlovsk.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year includes two semesters, at the end of each session is organized. Classes are held from Monday to Friday, Saturday, 3-6 pairs of 1.5 hours a day.
- Medical care
- Personal expenses.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Before admission, applicants can take preparatory courses, attend an Open Day. On the basis of the Gymnasium and the branch of the University in Tobolsk, education is conducted according to the programs of secondary vocational education. Applicants wishing to study at Tyumen State University need to provide a certificate of completion of the 9th or 11th grades of the school.
Requirements for admission to bachelor's degree, specialty:
- Application for admission, consent to data processing
- Copies of passport, SNILS, medical certificate, etc.
- High school diploma, scorecard
- Results of the Exam.
Future masters, graduate students should be provided with:
- Application for admission, consent to data processing
- Diploma of the previous stage of education (for masters - bachelor's degree / specialty, for graduate students - master's degree), evaluation list of courses taken
- Individual achievements if available.
Entrance tests are possible before enrollment.
Submission dates: June-August.
Scholarships Tyumen State University
- State scholarships: academic, social, increased payments
- Special: scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation
- Material assistance if necessary.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tyumen State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.