Tver State University, Tver State University
Description of Tver State University, Tver State University
- Location: Tver, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1870. TvSU currently has one of the largest scientific libraries.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the activities of the following administrative and educational units:
- Faculty of Biology;
- Faculty of History;
- Faculty of Geography and Geoecology;
- Faculty of Foreign Languages and International Communication;
- Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Cybernetics;
- Faculty of Physical Culture;
- Faculty of Philology;
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering;
- Faculty of Mathematics;
- Institute of Economics and Management;
- Faculty of Law;
- Institute of Teacher Education and Social Technologies;
- Faculty of Psychology;
- Faculty of Physics and Technology;
- Institute of Continuing Education.
- 1627 scientific publications were published on the basis of TvSU;
- 1470 students took part in scientific research and development;
- Compared to 2021, revenues from research and development were 2.4 times exceeded;
- This year, 1672 scientific publications were published by university scientists;
- 12 scientific journals are published on the basis of TvSU.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- European University of Armenia;
- Russian-Armenian University;
- Yerevan State University;
- Francisk Skaryna Gomel State University;
- Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after Maxim Tank;
- Samarkand State University named after Sharaf Rashidov;
- Veliko Tarnovo University named after Saints Cyril and Methodius;
- University of Freiburg;
- Institute of Educational Sciences, Shenyang Normal University;
- Zhouko Normal University;
- University of Eastern Finland;
- University of Tuscia (Viterbo).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tver State University, Tver State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides 10 dormitories for nonresident full-time students, there are 2763 places in total.
For catering, the university has three canteens and 11 buffets, the total number of seats is 650.
Activities Tver State University, Tver State University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Scientific seminar "Possibility-probabilistic models of optimization and decision-making. Signal and Image Processing";
- Freshman Day;
- KVN games "Rector's Cup";
- Dance Festival-Competition "Unidance";
- Beauty contest "Queen of the University";
- Festival of Young Vocalists of TvSU;
- Festival of Student Creativity "Student Spring";
- Tourist meeting of creative youth "Student impulse";
- Visiting school of traditional Slavic culture.
Facilities and equipment at Tver State University, Tver State University
The educational process is carried out in 8 buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary modern equipment: screens, projectors, computers, audio systems and electronic whiteboards.
Students are given access to an extensive scientific library consisting of:
- Subscription of historical literature;
- Department of Natural Science Literature;
- Department of Pedagogical Literature;
- Department of Rare Books;
- Department of Philological Literature;
- Department of Legal and Economic Literature;
- Department of Geographical Literature;
- Sector of Psychological Literature;
- Open Access Foundation.
For sports, the university has:
- Ski base;
- 6 gyms in different buildings;
- Sports and recreation complex with a swimming pool.
Admission dates and extra charges
At TvSU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to TvSU, applicants must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of the individual achievements of the applicant, the results of which are taken into account during admission;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- SNILS (if any);
- Photo 3x4;
- Medical certificate form 086U.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally entering the admissions office;
- In electronic form through an electronic information system;
- Through EPGU.
At the end of the 2022 admissions campaign, the average passing score was 142.
After graduating from this university, graduates become qualified specialists. To facilitate the employment procedure at the university, there is a career center of TvSU.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 40;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 42;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 40;
- Biology — 40;
- Foreign language — 40;
- Geography — 40;
- References: — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 51.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with a score of at least 51:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Tver State University, Tver State University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Tver State University, Tver State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.