Tver State Medical University
Description of Tver State Medical University
- Established: January 1, 1936
- Location: Tver, Russia
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of training: federal state budgetary educational institution of higher education.
Tver State Medical University is a leading medical university in Russia. Today Tver Medical University unites 6 faculties: medical, dental, pediatric, pharmaceutical, higher nursing education, postgraduate education and a preparatory unit for foreign citizens. The university provides training for highly qualified doctors and teachers on the basis of graduate school, doctoral studies, and postgraduate and additional education is carried out in residency.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tver State Medical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university offers nonresident and foreign students studying accommodation in 4 dormitories with 1614 beds. Payment for accommodation in hostels is on average (during the heating period) - 640-730 rubles. per month.
Activities Tver State Medical University
The university conducts active social work with students. Regular events:
- Festival of students and doctors
- Volunteer work
- Student Competition "Chance" named after L.M. Petrovsky
- Mobile Health Project
- Student theater
- Center for Culture and Arts.
- The university introduces innovative forms of teaching in the educational process, increases the professional level of the faculty, etc.
- Tver State Medical University is actively engaged in international activities, its important component is the training of medical personnel for work abroad. Today, more than 1000 foreigners from 42 foreign countries study at the specialty and residency programs.
- The university is engaged in increasing the number of foreign students, improves their training system, focuses on the world labor market, and improves the quality of educational services.
Facilities and equipment at Tver State Medical University
TSMU has the resources for organizing the educational process, student practice, scientific work:
- Educational buildings
- The building of the scientific and practical building with an attic
- Scientific and practical educational and medical complex building 1, 2
- Sports and fitness camp
Admission dates and extra charges
Training for is conducted according to the semester system:
- 1st semester - from September to January
- 2 semester - from February to June.
At the end of the semester, students take exams and tests.
- Winter - 3 weeks.
- Summer - 10 weeks.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The university conducts admission to study under the undergraduate programs and specialty programs (with the exception of the admission of persons entitled to admission to study without entrance examinations):
- On the basis of secondary general education - on the basis of the results of a unified state exam (hereinafter referred to as the USE), evaluated on a hundred-point scale, and (or) based on the results of entrance examinations.
- On the basis of secondary vocational or higher education - based on the results of entrance tests, the form and list of which are determined by the University.
Deadlines for submission of documents:
- The deadline for accepting documents required for admission is June.
- The deadline for accepting documents is July.
- The deadline for completion of entrance examinations conducted by the FSBEI HE of the Tver State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia is July.
- The deadline for accepting documents from people applying for training only on the basis of the exam results is August.
Extra points are awarded for achievements:
- Certificate of secondary education with honors, or certificate of secondary (complete) general education for those awarded with a gold / silver medal - 10 points.
- Diploma of secondary vocational education with honors - 10 points.
- Implementation of volunteer (voluntary) activity (if no more than four years have passed from the date of completion of the period of implementation of the specified activity to the day of completion of acceptance of documents and entrance tests) - 1 point.
- The status of the winner of the Olympiad in the educational general developmental program of additional education for children - the program of the school "Young Medic", conducted by the Federal State Budget Educational Institution of Higher Education at the Tver State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia - 7 points.
- The status of the winner of the Olympiad in the educational general developmental program of additional education for children - the program of the school "Young Medic", conducted by the FSBEI HE Tver State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia - 5 points.
Scholarships Tver State Medical University
Types of scholarships:
- State academic scholarship to full-time students in specialty programs who have passed the last intermediate certification for “good” and “excellent” - 2600 rubles / month.
- State academic scholarship to full-time students of specialty programs who have passed the last intermediate certification to “excellent” - 3600 rubles / month.
- Enhanced state academic scholarship to students enrolled in educational programs of the specialty and having achievements in any one or several areas of activity (educational, research, social, cultural, creative and sports) from among students of 5-6 courses studying in the specialties " General Medicine and Pediatrics, 4-5 year students studying in the specialties Dentistry and Pharmacy, in the amount of 11,150 rubles / month.
- State social scholarship to students - 3800 rubles / month.
- State social scholarship in an increased amount to first-year and second-year students with grades “good” and / or “excellent” - 7289 rubles / month. (excluding payment of state academic scholarships).
- State scholarship to graduate students - 7687 rubles / month.
- State scholarship to residents - 8157 rubles / month.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tver State Medical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.