Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
Description of Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
- Location: Tula, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was founded in 1938 in the city of Tula, is engaged in the training of mainly teaching staff for bachelor's, specialist's, master's and postgraduate studies.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the activities of the following administrative and educational units:
- Faculty of Physics and Mathematics;
- Faculty of Foreign Languages;
- Faculty of Russian Philology and Documentation Science;
- Faculty of History and Law;
- Faculty of Psychology;
- Institute of Advanced Information Technologies;
- Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities;
- Faculty of Technology and Business;
- Faculty of Natural Sciences;
- Institute of Innovative Educational Practices;
- International Faculty;
- Institute of Tourism and Creative Industries.
The university conducts research on the following state tasks:
- Formation of reading competencies in conditions of information redundancy and lack of emotional repertoire of students;
- Innovative approaches to the professional training of future teachers of informatics in the context of digitalization of society;
- Scientific and methodological support for the formation of meta-subject learning outcomes in the context of the implementation of the Federal State Educational Standard;
- Study of professional trajectories of graduates of pedagogical classes;
- Methods of integrated subject-language teaching at school in the teaching of history;
- The impact of digital learning tools on the educational outcomes of schoolchildren.
Things to know about
To date, the university is a member of:
- Observatory of the Magna Charta Universities at the University of Bologna (Bologna, Italy);
- the International Association of Universities at UNESCO (IAU);
- International Association of Teachers of Russian Language and Literature (MAPRYAL);
- the International Academy of Sciences of Teacher Education (IASPE);
- European Association of Higher Education Institutions (EURASHE);
- Interstate Association of Postgraduate Education (MADPO).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides nonresident full-time students with 4 corridor-type dormitories. The total number of seats is 1628.
For meals for students and staff, the university has two canteens and three buffets, the total number of seats is 485.
Activities Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- University sports game "Scouts";
- Holiday "Wide Maslenitsa";
- "Curator's Hour" at the Philharmonic;
- Contest "Such a guy lives";
- Interregional Student Forum "Volunteers of Education";
- Volunteer action "Trench candle";
- Intercollegiate essay competition "Heroes of Time Z - the people and the army are one";
- University swimming competitions;
- Spartakiad "We will glorify Russia with health and strength".
Facilities and equipment at Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
The educational process of the university takes place in 4 buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary material and technical base: projectors, screens, computers and electronic boards.
Students are given access to the educational and scientific library of the university, there are 241 places in the reading rooms.
For sports, the university has:
- Sports and recreation complex with a swimming pool;
- 3 gyms;
- Tennis room.
Admission dates and extra charges
At TSPU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
Students incur the following additional costs:
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of the individual achievements of the applicant, the results of which are taken into account during admission;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- SNILS (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 4479 people applied for full-time bachelor's and specialist's programs.
For internship and further employment, the university cooperates with the following organizations:
- Central Office No. 29 of Tula;
- Big Ben Int.;
- LLC "City of Dreams";
- Interregional Territorial Administration of the Federal Agency for State Property Management in the Tula, Ryazan and Oryol Regions;
- All-Russian Children's Center "Ocean";
- Administration of MBOU CO No. 16;
- JSC "NVBS";
- Leading marketing research agency ORO;
- Border Department of the Federal Security Service of Russia in the Republic of Karelia;
- Garden nursery Kutepovo;
- LLC "Novosystem";
- Kireevsky Education Center No. 2.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 39;
- References, 39.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 40.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with a score of at least 51:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Tula State Pedagogical University named after L. N. Tolstoy, TSPU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.