Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
Description of Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
- Year of foundation: 1962
- Location: Tomsk, Russia
- Age of students: from 18 years.
- Number of students: 13 000 people
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type of study: public university.
Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics first opened its doors in 1962 on the basis of two faculties of the Tomsk Polytechnic Institute (TPI, now TPU): the Faculty of Radio Engineering and the Faculty of Radio Control, when the Soviet Union was engaged in space exploration, needed highly qualified engineers to create its own rocket and space complex. TUSUR made a decisive contribution to achieving this ambitious goal: since then it has remained one of the best engineering universities in Russia.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
Accommodation, meals, prices
All nonresident applicants for the period of passing the entrance tests, as well as 1st year students in need of a hostel, are provided with a place in the room.
The educational institution offers:
- 5 student dormitories
- 871 rooms
- Accommodation for 2-4 people in a room
- Internet Access Points
- Free Wi-Fi
- Developed campus infrastructure
- Modern sports halls.
Activities Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
TUSUR annually holds traditional events:
- Student festival "RadioVOOM", which unites many events - the conference "Scientific Session of TUSUR", competitions in various sports, radio fair, the final of the contest "Miss TUSUR", a solemn procession of employees, students and applicants of TUSUR.
- For freshmen, initiation into students is held.
- Contest "Miss TUSUR", during which the jury chooses the most beautiful and talented girl.
- Amateur art competition "Student Spring", talent contest "Your Exit", etc.
- In TUSUR there are 29 sports sections in different areas: football, basketball, volleyball, hockey, table tennis, ballroom dancing, skiing, powerlifting, kettlebell sports, chess, light and weightlifting, several types of martial arts, snowboarding.
- The university has its own paragliding club "Celestial Empire", whose pupils take part in competitions of regional, international level.
- Tourist and mountaineering club "TACT" unites about 150 people.
- During the work of the club of scuba divers "Naiad" here were educated to swim with scuba diving about 1,000 students, employees of the educational institution.
- Rowing began to develop in 1964. In 1979, TUSUR built a rowing pool, which is still the only one in Siberia beyond the Urals. Tomsk to this day is one of the leading cities in Russia, cultivating academic rowing.
- Students, members of the university team, undergo in-depth sports and technical education, receiving for 3-4 years the title of "Candidate master of sports", "Master of Sports".
- Tusur graduate student Olga Khalaleeva is a member of the main team of Russia in rowing, became the winner of the contest "Sports Elite" in the nomination "Athlete of the Year", receives a scholarship from the Governor of the Tomsk region.
Every year, more than 25 thousand students, graduates, residents of the city take part in traditional events.
- Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics is one of the leading engineering universities in Russia, located in the intellectual heart of Russia and Siberia.
- TUSUR is a young ambitious university striving for leadership, a global presence in the field of education and research. 13 thousand students study at 13 faculties. The relatively small size allows the university to be mobile, quickly adapt to changes, becoming stronger and more efficient.
- TUSUR is one of the first Russian universities to transform the educational process by introducing project-based learning, strengthening the research, innovative component of academic work.
- The ECTS Center, established in TUSUR, coordinates the exchange of students, ensures adequate transfer of loans received abroad, in accordance with standardized international documents.
- TUSUR is the first Russian university that has begun to implement a comprehensive development model based on entrepreneurship, education, and research. Over the past decade, TUSUR has created a network of innovative companies founded by its graduates – today this network includes 125 companies.
- The university offers three formats of education: full-time, correspondence, mixed. Distance learning is also available.
Facilities and equipment at Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
In 2014, TUSUR launched its own technological business incubator (TBI) - an 8-storey building with a total area of 16,000 m², where there is a library, a conference hall, laboratories, classrooms.
Enterprises that have achieved significant growth in TBI are moving to the Tomsk special economic zone of the technical and innovative type, and then to the Skolkovo Innovation Center.
More than 200 workplaces are equipped in TBI.
Sports facilities of TUSUR:
- Large universal hall
- Outdoor sports ground
- Gym for sports aerobics
- Fitness room
- Tennis hall
- Martial Arts Hall
- Hall for jiu-jitsu
- Sambo Hall
- Judo Hall
- Rowing pool
- Climbing wall
- Ski base (for 250 pairs of skis).
Admission dates and extra charges
- June 1 – applications for admission begin.
- July 29 – acceptance of documents from applicants entering budget places according to the available results of the Unified State Exam is completed.
- August 2 – competitive lists of applicants are posted on the site.
- August 4 – acceptance of applications for consent to enrollment from applicants entering without entrance tests and for places within quotas ends.
- August 6 – an order on enrollment of applicants entering without entrance tests and to places within quotas.
- August 11 – acceptance of applications for consent to enrollment from persons included in the lists of applicants for budget places at the main stage of enrollment is completed.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
List of required documents:
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data
- Application of the established form with annexes
- Copy of identity document, citizenship
- Document or copy of the document on education with the appendix
- Application for consent to enrollment
- 2 photos 3x4 cm
- Documents confirming special rights upon admission and individual achievements (if any).
Scholarships Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
TUSUR pays scholarships to full-time students based on academic achievement. The size of scholarships - from 2 275 ₽ / month.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics — TUSUR
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.