Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
Description of Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
- Location: Tomsk, Russia
- Year of foundation: 1931
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Number of students: more than 6000
- Forms of education: full-time, full-time, correspondence
- Type of education: mixed.
Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (TGASU) is one of the leading universities in Siberia in the field of construction. This institution was established on the basis of the technical school in 1931. In 1960-1690, the university became one of the leading universities in the country and Siberia, and in 1997 it received its current name.
Every year, more than 6,000 students study here in bachelor's, specialist's and master's programs. TGASU has several faculties:
- General education
- Highway engineering
- Correspondence department
- Secondary vocational education
- Department of Physical Education.
The staff of the university is 890 people of administrative departments, about 250 professors and associate professors.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
Accommodation, meals, prices
Places in seven dormitories are provided to all those in need of housing. Each student has the opportunity to "resettle" in the best room: in the dormitories there is a rating system that takes into account academic performance, scientific, sports, creative life of the student, fines and incentives.
The cost of a monthly stay depends on the number of neighbors and the utilities used.
Students can visit university canteens, buffets on study days, off-campus - city supermarkets, cafes, restaurants.
Activities Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
Student life at the university is sports sections, creative teams, social clubs. All organizations are managed by a student government squad. In TGASU operate:
- 24 creative teams
- 19 groups of sports improvement
- Sections for 16 sports
- Volunteer movement
- 35 collectives of social orientation.
Every year the university holds many events:
- 400 events: seminars, business games, trainings, master classes, flash mobs, etc.
- More than 100 sporting events
- More than 1000 concerts, musical performances
- About 15 festivals and competitions.
Every year, TGASU students deserve 160 sports medals, 10 creative awards of international level.
The University organizes about 10 interuniversity and city events, some of them:
- Tomić Day
- All-Russian Forum "Leader of the XXI Century"
- Tomsk International Marathon
- Torch relay of the Winter Universiade
- Project "Youth in the format of healthy lifestyles"
- Student Spring School.
- International rankings: "Three University Missions", Round University Rankings, Scimago Institutions Ranking
- Russian ratings: RIA Novosti, Expert RA, Interfax
- One of the 100 best universities in Russia
- Partnership with foreign educational institutions.
Facilities and equipment at Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
The campus of TGASU covers an area of 51,100 sq. m. On the territory there are:
- Educational, laboratory buildings
- More than 220 audiences
- Scientific and technical library with a fund of 1 million books, databases, electronic documents
- Co-working center equipped for self-development
- Computer classes
- Dispensary, medical centers
- Sports complex: hockey box, stadium, football field, gyms and sports halls, shooting range
- Seven dormitories for 2560 persons
- Geodetic polygon
- Kindergarten for 120 places - here students can leave their children for the duration of classes
- Children's health center "Young Tomich".
The university publishes several journals in the field of scientific research: "Bulletin of TGASU", "Fundamental problems of modern materials science".
The University has a Pre-University, which conducts preparatory courses and career guidance activities.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education is conducted in two semesters with summer and winter sessions. The school week lasts from Monday to Friday, couples last for 1.5 hours. Break for rest, visiting the dining room - 45 minutes.
Additional costs include:
- Accommodation, meals
- Medical care
- Fees for teaching aids, consumables
- Household needs.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Enrollment in TGASU takes place according to the rating system: the results of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests become a decisive factor for admission.
The application and documents can be submitted both in the admission committee and remotely, by registering in the Personal Account on the official website of the university. The Selection Committee accepts applications and documents from June to August.
Those wishing to study at bachelor's and specialist programs must provide:
- Passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation, SNILS, medical certificate
- Certificate of secondary education with a scorecard
- Certificates of Olympiads, competitions, individual achievements, giving a special right to enroll
- Results of the Exam.
Requirements for future masters:
- Passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation, SNILS, medical certificate
- Bachelor's degree, transcript of courses taken
- Summary: individual achievements.
Scholarships Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
Grants that can be obtained by winning competitions:
- "Conducting fundamental scientific research and exploratory scientific research by international scientific teams"
- "Conducting initiative research by young scientists"
- "Conducting fundamental scientific research and exploratory scientific research by small separate scientific groups".
- "Best Student of the Year"
- "Best Graduate Student of the Year"
- "Laureate of the Prize of the Legislative Duma of the Tomsk Region" for young scientists
- "Laureate of the Tomsk Region Prize in the field of education, science, healthcare, culture".
- State programs: academic/advanced academic, social
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation
- Scholarships for academic mobility.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tomsk State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering — TGASU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.