Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Description of Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
- Location: Tambov, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was established by decree of the President of the Russian Federation on December 29, 1994 through the merger of two institutes: the Tambov State Institute of Culture and the Tambov State Pedagogical Institute. It is believed that the history of the educational institution begins in 1918. This is the only classical university in the region that has absorbed many directions.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties and institutes:
- Physical culture;
- History, World Politics and Sociology;
- Mathematics, Physics and Information Technology;
- Economics, management and service;
- Rights and national security.
TSU research grants and competitions won by the university in 2021:
- Strategies of demographic behavior of the rural population of the south of Central Russia in the XX – early XXI century ;
- Interpretive potential of secondary structures in the linguistic picture of the world;
- From cells to trees: biomechanics of wood through multiscale physico-mechanical and thermographic studies of subcellular, cellular and supracellular structures of annual growth rings;
- Conflict Law and the Law of Cooperation as a Reflection of Negative and Positive Aspects of Social and Legal Life: Problems of Methodology, Theory and Practice;
- L. Wittgenstein and the philosophy of education;
- Creativity of young writers in the literary periodicals of the Russian Diaspora of the 1920s-1940s;
- Political mobilization in social networks (Russia, 2020-2021): new measurement tools, monitoring and analysis;
- Development of methodological and methodical foundations of reproductive demography;
- Ruthenian-Ukrainian socio-political organizations in Galicia in the second half of the XIX – early XX century.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Azerbaijan State University;
- Abkhaz State University;
- Belarusian State University;
- Pan-European University "Apeiron", Banja Luka;
- Vietnam National University of Education, Hanoi;
- Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty;
- Kyrgyz National University named after J. Balasagyn;
- Qingdaoist University;
- Palestine Polytechnic University;
- Al-Quds University;
- Karakalpak State University named after Berdakh (KSU).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides nonresident full-time students with four dormitories with a total of 2854 places. The cost of living per month is from 550 rubles.
To organize meals for students and employees, the educational organization has eight catering facilities for 460 places (in total).
Activities Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Charity project "Derzhavinsky for Children";
- Competition of personal achievements "Student of the Year of Derzhavin University";
- Competition of photo and video works "Derzhavinsky in the lens";
- Track and field cross "Derzhavin Mile";
- Competitions in the technique of water tourism "Derzhavin regatta";
- Sports festival "Derzhavinskaya ski track";
- Creative competition Dance & Voice;
- Festival of Russian-Indian Friendship "Diwali";
- Festival of Amateur Creativity "Student Spring";
- School of counselor's skills.
Facilities and equipment at Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
The learning process is carried out in 7 buildings, equipped with classrooms for practical and lecture classes, there is a publishing house and an educational theater. Modern technologies are actively used in the classrooms: computers with Windows and MAC OS, projection screens, multimedia projectors, audio systems. The university has the ability to conduct distance learning.
Students have free access to the resources of the Fundamental Library, the reading rooms have about 231 seats.
For sports, the university provides the following sports facilities:
- Antey Sports Palace;
- Atletico Fitness Center;
- Sports and recreation hall No. 1 and No. 2;
- Ice rink;
- Sports ground with artificial turf;
Admission dates and extra charges
At TSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Confirmation of the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- SNILS (if any);
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- Personally to the admissions office.
At the moment, more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students study at the university.
After graduating from TSU, graduates become sought-after specialists. To simplify the search for practice and work, the Career Center operates at the university.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 40;
- References: — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 15 (on a fifty-point system):
- Exam in the direction of training.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations with scores of at least 4 (on a five-point system):
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language;
Scholarships Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- State graduate students, residents;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department;
- Students of the Academic Council;
- Derzhavin grant for young scientists;
- Derzhavin grant to support research teams;
- Grant named after Professor V.N. Okatov for undergraduate and graduate students;
- Grant named after I.G. Sayapin for students, graduate students, teachers.
The university also provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Tambov State University named after G.R. Derzhavin, TSU named after G.R. Derzhavin
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.