Tajik National University
Description of Tajik National University
- Founded: 1947
- Location: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- Number of students: 1,900
- Number of foreigners: 158 people
- Rating in Tajikistan: 1.
Tajik National University (TNU) is the leading public institution in the country and rightfully occupies the first line of the national ranking among universities.
Since its founding on March 21, 1947, the university has played a tangible role in the development of such areas in the republic as culture, education and science: this is the education of qualified specialists for different sectors of the country, improving the educational structure, and conducting research. TNU also assisted in the creation of institutions such as the Tajik Institute of Russian Language and Literature and the Tajik Technological Institute.
Today in TNU there are 17 faculties, including 86 departments, 8 of which are at the university level. The university is especially proud of its graduates, which include the President of the Republic, ministers, famous scientists, correspondents, writers and more.
Since 1947, the university is part of the International Association of Universities and cooperates with many leading universities in different cities and countries: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Tashkent, Klagenfurt, Poland, Colorado and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Tajik National University
Accommodation, meals, prices
To accommodate students from other regions and countries, Tajik National University offers a comfortable student dormitory.
Activities Tajik National University
On the basis of the university there are various interest clubs, which you can join in your free time, sports associations, public organizations for women and girls, youth centers, and creative groups.
Facilities and equipment at Tajik National University
On the territory of the university there are infrastructure facilities necessary for comfortable and quality education:
- 17 research laboratories
- Botanical Garden
- Research Center
- Scientific and electronic library
- Interuniversity Printing House
- Small Printing Sector
- Laboratory of technical education
- 39 language laboratories
- Center for Biotechnology
- Technology park
- Cultural Center "Confucius"
- Preparatory department
- 4 gyms
- 3 experimental bases
- First-aid post.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the Tajik University, students need to prepare the following package of documents:
- Applicant Application
- High school diploma
- Medical certificate
- Copy of passport with visa.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Tajik National University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.