The Institute of Hotel, Restaurant and Culinary Arts SWISSAM is a unique institution, opened in 2012 and providing prestigious education in hospitality and restaurant business. Despite its youth, the institution has proved itself in the best way, has accreditation and membership in prestigious organizations:
The institution carries out the European model of education, where the theory and practice go side by side and occupy the same amount of time. The university employs highly qualified specialists, many of whom are current practitioners and businessmen. Students receive extensive support for career and professional development. Targeted and quality programs form the skills of leadership, responsibility, ability to set and solve tasks, work in a team and act in extreme conditions in pupils.
SWISSAM is an excellent choice for those who want to receive prestigious and demanded education and succeed in work and self-realization. Thanks to SWISSAM, today's European education is available in the heart of Russia!
1. Age of participants: from 16 years old
2. Duration of training: 3,5 years
3. Beginning of classes: September, February
4. Level of English: minimum B1 / Intermediate
5. Level of Education: Diploma of School Graduation
6. Language of instruction: English.
The university offers a quality undergraduate program "Management of the International Hospitality Industry" (IMI International Hospitality Management) with the award of the Bachelor of Arts (International Bachelor of Arts Program). For admission, you must have a high level of English and completed school education.
The training is conducted in English, takes 3.5 years and fully complies with the Swiss and European educational standards. The schedule includes a set of disciplines and modules necessary for the full disclosure of all aspects of the profession being mastered. There are 3 blocks of paid internships for 600 hours each, where students actively practice their knowledge, have the opportunity to prove themselves and establish the necessary contacts. Students have an excellent opportunity to transfer to the International Management Institute (IMI - International Management Institute Switzerland) in Switzerland.
Teachers of the University have an exceptionally high level of qualification and are able to create an effective working atmosphere. Many of them are talented managers from hospitality and related areas, so they can give practical advice and recommendations "at first hand", based on their own experience. Each discipline is thoroughly understood and fixed in the course of practical activities. Successful completion of each course leads to a specific certificate:
Modules and disciplines of the training program:
1. The first course:
2. The second course:
3. The third year:
4. The fourth course:
Due to the exceptional quality of the program and the high professionalism of the teachers, students receive the maximum of useful knowledge and skills, they leave the university walls with real professionals who are able to solve the most difficult problems. University services provide students with significant assistance and support in the process of finding work and finding employment - many receive job offers before they get a diploma. Areas of management in which graduates find employment:
Tuition fees on the undergraduate program: from 210305R / semester, from 403790R / year
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of training: 6.5 months
3. Classes start: September, November, February, May
4. Level of English: minimum B2 / Upper-Intermediate
5. Level of education: higher education + 3 years in the industry
6. Language of instruction: English (basic), Russian.
The University offers special professional supplementary education programs that are designed for industry professionals seeking to improve their skills and competencies. For admission, you must have a high level of English, have a higher education and at least three years of work. There are two programs that lead to different degrees:
1. IMI International Restaurant Management (Restaurant business management):
2. IMI International Hotel Management (Hotel Business Management):
Training lasts 6.5 months - each program is divided into 2 modules. The schedule includes a complex of disciplines and subjects, special courses. Students spend a lot of time working on individual projects, doing calculations, trying to build a viable system - for example, a restaurant. In addition to standard lectures and seminars, extensive lectures are conducted with the participation of invited experts and experts. Students regularly visit offices of various companies, hotels and restaurants, where they can observe all the working processes. Probably internship, including in foreign companies. The teaching staff is made up of Western and Russian specialists, all of them have a high level of qualification and rich work experience.
Disciplines and program modules:
Management of restaurant business (IMI International Restaurant Management):
1. Module 1:
2. Module 2:
Management of hotel business (IMI International Hotel Management):
Thanks to the high quality of the programs and the exceptional professionalism of teachers and staff, the training in professional courses significantly expands the competencies and skills of students, and helps them to move along the career ladder.
The cost of training on the programs of additional vocational education:
1. Age of participants: from 20 years
2. Duration of training: 6.5 months
3. Classes start: February, March, May, July, September, November
4. Level of English: minimum A1 / Pre-Intermediate
5. Educational level: higher / general, professional
6. Language of instruction: English (+ support in Russian).
ACF Culinary Arts (Advanced Culinary Program for Chefs) is a unique professional program of training and training of chefs and pastry chefs, which gives unique knowledge, skills and abilities. The training is carried out by the best specialists of the University and invited stars: David Mottl (owner of the Michelin star), Konstantin Ivlev (famous chef, TV presenter), Anton Abrezov (concept chief, TV presenter of author's programs) and many others. The head of the program is SWISSAM specialist Josef Fleissner, known for his unrivaled level of professionalism and cooperating with the best hotels. For 6.5 months of training students get all the necessary knowledge and skills in order to become a highly qualified specialist, be ready to lead a complex system of management and "life" of the kitchen. Professional internships and career support further strengthen and develop skills and competencies, help to acquire the necessary contacts and show oneself. All without exception, graduates easily find a job and are moving along the career ladder. The international diploma is awarded from the American Culinary Federation (ACF), graduates are awarded the ACF Diploma in Culinary Arts (Diploma in Culinary Arts) degree.
Disciplines and modules of the program:
The cost of training on the program Training of chefs and pastry chefs (ACF Diploma in Culinary Arts): from 432170R / 2 semesters.
In the city, you can always find the right accommodation for a variety of requests - from economy class to premium apartments. The staff of the institution and our specialists are always ready to assist in the selection and design of a suitable housing option.
Nutrition students organized in the dining room and cafe on campus, available a variety of dishes and cuisine, there is the opportunity to choose a different type of diet.
The cost and expenses for accommodation and meals should be checked with our specialists.
St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful and interesting cities in Europe, a "city-museum", where a lot of monuments of history and culture of all countries and nations of the world are concentrated. The university encourages students to take an active part in cultural events. SWISSAM regularly holds Open Doors Days, open lessons and master classes, lectures and conversations with invited experts and experts. There are contests, competitions and themed parties:
Students have access to a sports complex located on the territory of the Solo Sokos Hotel Palace Bridge, where they can swim in the pool, engage in fitness, yoga, fitness equipment and various team sports.
The buildings of the university have everything you need for a comfortable study:
Classes start: September, February (bachelor's degree); during the year (professional and short-term programs).
The academic year is divided into two semesters:
Cost of education:
1. Undergraduate: from 210305P / semester, from 403790R / year
2. Additional vocational education: from 328070R to 397480R / 2 semesters (6.5 months)
3. Preparation of chefs: from 432170R / 2 semesters.
1. Age: from 16 years old
2. High school education
3. Level of English: B1 / Intermediate
4. Motivation letter
5. Personal interview
6. You may need a portfolio.
Programs of additional professional education:
1. Age: from 22 years old
2. Higher education (bachelor's or master's degree)
3. 3 years of work
4. English level: not lower than B2 / Upper-Intermediate
5. Motivation letter
6. Interview with an employee.
Chefs training programs:
1. Educational level: secondary / vocational / higher
2. Level of English: from A1 / Pre-Intermediate
3. Motivation letter and interview.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.