Surgut State University, Surgut State University
Description of Surgut State University, Surgut State University
- Location: Surgut, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1993 in the city of Surgut, it is considered the very first university in Ugra.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following institutions:
- Liberal arts education and sports;
- Natural and Technical Sciences;
- Economics and Management;
The results of scientific work of the departments of the university:
- Organizational and technical measures have been developed to ensure safe working conditions in certain divisions of the industrial complex of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Yugra;
- The identification of the most characteristic man-made threats in the field of fire safety in construction, industry and transport, the probability of occurrence (frequency) of the hazards under consideration has been carried out, the spectra of possible scenarios for the development of the accident have been determined, as well as measures to prevent and manage the emergency scenario and its consequences;
- Adaptive mechanisms that allow representatives of different types of fauna to exist in the north of Western Siberia have been identified;
- The optimization of the method of extraction of polyphenols from wild plants berries was carried out;
- 3 grants of the Governor of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug and the Department of Education of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug were completed.
Things to know about
The University conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- North Kazakhstan State University named after M. Kozybayev;
- Karaganda State Medical University;
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University;
- Republican State Enterprise on the Right of Economic Management "National Center for Biotechnology";
- Harbin Far Eastern Polytechnic University;
- LTD Global Education.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Surgut State University, Surgut State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides 3 dormitories for nonresident full-time students, where 700 students can live at the same time.
To organize meals for students and staff, the university has 3 canteens with 484 seats in total.
Activities Surgut State University, Surgut State University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- District Scientific and Practical Conference of Otorhinolaryngologists of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug-Yugra "Modern Aspects of Diagnosis and Treatment in Otorhinolaryngology";
- Festival "Rational nutrition is the basis of human health, performance and life support (everyone should know this!) »;
- Open Regional Student Scientific Conference named after G. I. Nazin "Science of the 60th parallel";
- Intensive in the direction of "Industrial Engineering";
- Championship of the Ural Federal District in basketball among men's teams;
- Social action "Spring mood";
- The best graduate of SurSU;
- Gala concert of "Student Spring";
- Competition of achievements of talented youth "National Treasure of Russia";
- Congress of Pediatricians of Russia.
Facilities and equipment at Surgut State University, Surgut State University
The learning process takes place in 5 educational buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary modern equipment: screens, projectors, computers and sound and video systems.
Students are given free access to the scientific and educational library with a reading room for 513 seats.
For sports, the university has the following sports facilities:
- Sports area;
- 3 gyms;
- Table tennis hall;
- General Physical Training Hall;
- Ski base;
- Sports ground;
- Football field.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SurSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- 2 photos 3x4 (for persons entering the entrance examinations conducted by the university independently).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 7,000 undergraduate and graduate students are studying at SurSU.
After graduating from the university, graduates become sought-after specialists in the labor market. To simplify the job search procedure, the Career and Employment Center operates at the university.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 39;
- References, 39.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Surgut State University, Surgut State University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Surgut State University, Surgut State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.