Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
Description of Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
- Location: Stavropol, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1937 in the city of Stavropol, is engaged in the training of medical specialists at the level of bachelor's, specialist's, master's, postgraduate and residency.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
Educational activities are based on the functioning of the following faculties:
- Humanities and biomedical education;
- Pre-university education;
- International students;
- Training of highly qualified personnel;
- Practical training of students;
- Faculties and educational centers of additional professional education.
SSMU has an established set of scientific schools that focus on solving the problems of theoretical and practical medicine:
- Pharmacologists, neurologists and clinical psychologists;
- Pharmacologists and clinical pharmacologists;
The main scientific directions of the university are:
- Internal medicine;
- Psychiatry and Nervous Diseases;
- Chemistry and biotechnology;
- Biomedical and biological;
- Physical and mathematical.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Micro Therapeutics Research Labs Private Limited;
- Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University;
- Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi;
- Educational institution "Vitebsk State Order of Peoples' Friendship Medical University";
- Delhi Research University;
- Institute of Social Sciences in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Bukhara State Medical Institute named after Abu Ali ibn Sina;
- Istanbul University;
- Tashkent State Dental Institute;
- Ben-Gurion University;
- Limited Liability Company "Business Panda";
- Kashkadarya Regional Territorial Subdivision of the National Chamber of Innovative Healthcare;
- Samarkand State Medical Institute;
- Kazakhstan Medical University of the Higher School of Public Health;
- West Kazakhstan State Medical University named after Marat Ospanov.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides 4 dormitories with organized video filming and security. The total number of residential places is more than 1500.
For catering, the university has 3 canteens for 360 seats in total.
Activities Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- "Medical Students – For Humanism, Security, Against Extremism";
- Interregional Festival of Interethnic Friendship "Doctor is a profession without nationality!";
- Competition "The Best Student Association of SSMU";
- Festival of Student Creativity "Meet – we are the first year!";
- Contest of intellect and creativity "Miss and Mr. Students of SSMU";
- Festival of Student Amateur Creativity "Student Spring of SSMU";
- Competition "The Best Curatorial Hour";
- Student festivities "Maslenitsa of SSMU-2023";
- Regional action "Blood of medical students for the benefit of life";
- Regional campaign "Caucasian Donor";
- School for the training of medical volunteers of SSMU.
Facilities and equipment at Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
The educational process takes place in three buildings of the university, all of them are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary equipment: screens, projectors, computers and electronic whiteboards.
Students have free access to the educational and scientific library with a reading room for 145 seats.
For sports, SSMU offers:
- Fitness room;
- 2 sports grounds;
- Sports and recreation complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SSMU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to the university, applicants must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- Two photos are for persons entering the study based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 4500 applications were submitted for specialist and bachelor's programs.
After graduating from the university, graduates become qualified specialists who are in demand in the labor market in the medical field. By doing internships in local hospitals, students can already agree on further employment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 27;
- chemistry — 36;
- Russian language — 36;
- Social Studies — 42;
- Biology — 36.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Stavropol State Medical University, StSMU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.