St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
Description of St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
- Established: 1930
- Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
- Number of students: 16,000
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Type: state.
The university was founded in 1930, having separated from the Leningrad Technological Institute with the name of the Leningrad Textile Institute. In 1992, the educational institution was transformed into St. Petersburg University of Technology and Design. From 2007 to 2015, the university increased significantly by joining the Institute of Printing, the Clothing Engineering School and the St. Petersburg State Technological University of Plant Polymers.
Today, St. Petersburg University of Technology and Design is:
- 16,000 students
- 2 high schools and 2 colleges
- 18 institutes
- 225 educational programs
- 10 scientific schools.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
- St. Petersburg University of Technology and Design is one of the leading educational institutions in the country, which provides education in the field of textile and light industry, printing, industrial energy, pulp and paper industry, technical aesthetics and design
- Qualified staff
- Most of the practical tasks
- The University maintains friendly relations with more than 40 universities around the world.
- Regular lectures and presentations by invited professors and specialists.
Facilities and equipment at St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
On the basis of the university there are 6 dormitories, which are located in areas with developed infrastructure. All buildings are under 24-hour video surveillance. Full-time students are provided with a place in the hostel. The university is actively conducting research work, for which all structures are equipped with computer technology. To improve the athletic success of students, there are sports complexes and a gym.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
In order to become a student at the St. Petersburg University of Technology and Design, an applicant must provide:
- Certificate of general secondary education or diploma of secondary education
- USE certificates in Russian and two core subjects
- Medical certificate
- Application addressed to the rector.
Admission to some specialties involves passing entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.