Sochi State University, SSU
Description of Sochi State University, SSU
- Location: Sochi, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1989 in the city of Sochi, since 2017 it has been a regional flagship university.
The educational process includes lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical classes, as well as the successful completion of educational and pre-diploma practices.
Faculties and colleges
The education process is based on the activities of the following faculties:
- tourism and service;
- innovative, engineering and digital technologies;
- economics and law;
- information technology and mathematics;
The priority areas in the scientific research of the university are:
- Information and telecommunication systems;
- Life Sciences;
- Rational use of natural resources;
- Transport systems;
- Energy efficiency and energy saving.
Things to know about
The University conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Abkhaz State University, Sukhum;
- Yerevan State University, Yerevan;
- Institute of Informatics and Automation Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia, Yerevan;
- Francisk Skaryna Gomel State University, Gomel;
- Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences, Heilbronn;
- University of Piraeus, Piraeus;
- Caspian State University of Technology and Engineering named after Sh. Yessenov, Aktau;
- Tianjin Institute of Vocational Education, Tianjin.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Sochi State University, SSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides a block-type dormitory with rooms for 1-2 people.
For meals for students and staff, the university has 2 canteens and 4 buffets (a total of 412 seats).
Activities Sochi State University, SSU
On the basis of the university, many student associations are organized:
- Student Cultural Center;
- Media Center "Objective";
- Interethnic Friendship Club;
- Student Scientific Society;
- Military-patriotic club;
- Student sports club "Bottlenose dolphins";
- Forward Volunteer Resource Center;
- Impulse Project School;
- Student pedagogical team "Juicy";
- Student Council of the Faculty of Tourism and Service;
- Student Council of the Faculty of Economics and Law;
- Student Council of the Faculty of Information Technology and Mathematics;
- Student Council of the Faculty of Engineering and Ecology;
- Student Council of the Faculty of Social and Pedagogy.
Facilities and equipment at Sochi State University, SSU
The educational process is conducted in three buildings, equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory work. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary material and technical support: screens, projectors, computers, and TVs.
Students are given access to three university libraries with 143 seats (in total) in reading rooms.
For sports, SSU has two sports halls and a sports ground.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- Photography is for persons applying for training based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 7,000 students are studying at SSU, of which 4,000 are enrolled in bachelor's programs.
To arrange students for practice and help graduates find employment at SSU, a center for the promotion of employment and employment has been organized.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Literature — 40;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university independently.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university independently:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Sochi State University, SSU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships for students of the preparatory department;
- Scholarships for students appointed by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Sochi State University, SSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.