Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
Description of Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
- Location: Smolensk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1950 in the city of Smolensk. Over the entire period of its operation, the university has graduated more than 15,000 people specializing in the field of physical education, sports and sports medicine.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The process is based on the following faculties:
- Physical culture and sports;
- Physical culture and health technologies;
- Distance learning;
- Additional education;
- Individual educational technologies.
- Development of a scientifically based methodology for the integrated use of means of restoring performance, taking into account the individual characteristics and the current functional state of highly qualified athletes (on the example of cyclic sports);
- Development of a scientifically based methodology for improving technical and tactical preparedness for competitive activities in short track;
- Development of scientifically based proposals for improving the state requirements of the All-Russian Physical Fitness Center for the population from 6 to 24 years old Ι-VI (1) levels;
- The role and importance of speed and strength training in the annual cycle of sports training of highly qualified skiers-racers;
- Development of scientifically based proposals for improving the state requirements of the All-Russian Physical Fitness Center for the population of 6 years and older of I-XI levels;
- Improvement of the GTO VFSK based on the results of the expert and analytical analysis of the implementation of the GTO in the Russian Federation.
Things to know about
Among the graduates of SSUS there are such famous personalities as:
- Valentin Pristavkin - Honored Coach of the USSR of Speed Skating;
- Granit Toropin - Honored Coach of the USSR in freestyle wrestling;
- Yuri Marushkin - Honored Football Coach of Russia;
- Sergey Tereshchenkov – Honored Master of Sports in Track Cycling;
- Lyubov Sadchikova is a master of sports in speed skating in sprint all-around;
- Olga Kuzenkova — master of sports in hammer throwing;
- Yuri Sharov – master of sports in fencing;
- Mykola Kostylev is a master of sports and a record holder in the barbell snatch and the sum of triathlon.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident students, the university provides 4 dormitories, including a hotel-type dormitory for 400 beds. The total number of residential places exceeds 700.
For catering, the university has a large dining room for 1372 seats.
Activities Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- All-Russian open action Tolles Diktat;
- All-Russian competitions among students in cross-country skiing;
- All-Russian Forum "Country of Winners";
- Ski Track of Russia;
- Sports Student Spring;
- Cup of the Smolensk region in equestrian sports;
- Russian Short Track Speed Skating Cup;
- Rector's Cup of PGUFKSiT;
- International Forum "Russia as a Sports Power";
- All-Russian action "Student Patriotic Race";
- Festival "Youth for the Union State";
- Competition "League of Lecturers".
Facilities and equipment at Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
The educational process is carried out on the basis of three educational and sports buildings. The buildings are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, and for specialized sports training of students, the university has:
- Four-screen sports building;
- Krylia Sovetov Stadium;
- Indoor skating rink;
- Swimming pool;
- Universal platform;
- Training football field;
- Biathlon track;
- A stadium with a football field;
- Ski base;
- Fencing Hall;
- Game room;
- Wrestling Hall;
- Weightlifting Hall;
- Tennis court.
Students have free access to the library and electronic library system.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SGUS, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each of them, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- Payment for accommodation in a dormitory;
- Leisure and recreation.
For admission to the university, applicants must provide the following list of documents:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of the individual achievements of the applicant, the results of which are taken into account during admission;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- SNILS (for citizens of the Russian Federation);
- Medical examination (certificate form 086U);
- 4 photos in size 3x4.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU "Admission to the University Online".
According to the results of the admission campaign in 2022, the average passing score for the undergraduate budget was 240.
After studying at the academy, graduates become specialists in demand in the labor market in the field of sports and physical culture. Thanks to unhindered access to sports facilities and equipment, students have the opportunity to carry out their development and advancement in their sports careers.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology — 39.
- Passing entrance examinations conducted by the university itself with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university:
- Professional test on the profile;
- Theory of Physical Culture
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Smolensk State University of Sports, SSUS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.