Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
Description of Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
SSUVT is the leading university in Siberia for the education of the specialists for sea and river transport enterprises. The university was founded in 1951, during its existence the university has repeatedly proved its reliability and high level of education.
Faculties and colleges
On the basis of SSUVT there are 5 faculties:
- water transport management,
- hydraulic engineering,
- education of highly qualified personnel (postgraduate studies).
In addition, on the basis of the university there are:
- Novosibirsk Command River School named after S.I. Dezhnev;
- Institute "Maritime Academy".
To date, SSUVT has 4 branches:
- Yakutsk Institute of Water Transport;
- Omsk Institute of Water Transport;
- Krasnoyarsk Institute of Water Transport;
- Ust-Kut Institute of Water Transport.
SSUVT annually publishes a periodical scientific journal "Scientific Problems of Transport of Siberia and the Far East".
Things to know about
Since 2016, SSUVT has been part of the international project "University of the Arctic". The main goal of the project is to create and strengthen the base for joint work of member organizations on the development of the northern regions and their infrastructure.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident and foreign students, a room or a place in a dormitory is allocated in accordance with the established procedure. At the disposal of the university there are 3 dormitories:
- 2 dormitories for 1247 places are provided to students and listeners of SSUVT;
- 1 dormitory for 250 places is provided for cadets enrolled in secondary vocational education programs.
In the dormitories there are public catering points (canteens and / or buffets).
Activities Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
SSUVT among its students actively promotes the policy of a healthy lifestyle and love for sports. Extracurricular activities for students are full of interesting discoveries and the development of skills that will further serve the harmonious development of the individual.
Mass events are held annually:
- Visiting museums, including the SSUVT Museum;
- Initiation into freshmen;
- Festival of Creativity "Open Stage";
- Initiation into cadets;
- Parade of Russian students.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
At the disposal of SSUVT there are 5 educational buildings: the main building, 3 educational and laboratory buildings and the educational building of the Novosibirsk Command River School named after S. I. Dezhnev, which is part of the SSUVT. In addition, the university has a building of water and sports education with a swimming pool, its own geobase, a sports complex, a channel hydrodynamic complex.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at SSUT is organized on the basis of legislative acts of the Russian Federation and consists of two semesters (autumn and spring), each ending with an examination session and vacation weekends.
Holidays are divided into winter (2 weeks, January) and summer (2 months, July-August).
The main expenses of students include:
- Payment for accommodation in the hostel;
- Transportation costs;
- Household expenses;
- Leisure expenses.
The cost of living in the hostel is:
- from 795 rubles to 1090 rubles per month - for full-time students and cadets receiving higher education;
- from 345 rubles to 495 rubles per month - for students left without parental care;
- from 750 rubles to 1050 rubles per month - for other categories.
The cost of a hostel per month depends on the category of citizens and on the provided place or room.
Acceptance of documents at SSUT begins on June 20 and ends on August 20. Applicants can submit documents both in full-time form and remotely. The required package of documents upon admission:
- Application for admission;
- Identity and citizenship document;
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- Documents confirming the basis for passing entrance examinations for a separate category of applicants;
- A document confirming the right to admission within a special quota;
- Conclusion of the federal institution ITU on the absence of contraindications for studying at the University (mandatory for disabled people of I and II groups, disabled children, disabled since childhood, etc.)
- Documents confirming the existence of special rights and / or advantages in admission, established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- Documents confirming individual achievements;
- 2 photos.
More than 3,000 students are educated annually at SSUVT. The most popular areas of study are:
- Information Systems and Technologies (Design of Information Systems and Their Components) – 186 first-year students;
- Technology of transport processes (Organization of transportation and management of water transport) – 156 first-year students;
- Water transport management and hydrographic support of navigation (Management of transport systems and logistics services in water transport) – 113 first-year students;
- Navigation (Navigation on sea and inland waterways) – 236 first-year students.
During the educational period, students undergo practice and gain experience in the field of water transport. In the future, graduates who have practiced in organizations and showed their best qualities easily and quickly get a job. The main partners of the university in conducting practice and employment of graduates are:
- LLC Holding Company "Yakutsk River Port";
- CJSC "Tyumensudokomplekt";
- CHEREPOVETS Port OJSC;
- JSC "Tomsk Shipping Company";
- JSC "North-Western Shipping Company".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The following requirements are put forward for applicants to full-time education at SSUT:
- High physical fitness (in some areas of study);
- High personal and business qualities;
- High level of health (in some areas of study);
- Successful completion of entrance examinations based on the results of the Unified State Exam or conducted by the university independently;
- Successful completion of additional entrance tests and competitive selection.
Entrance tests are conducted in the form of a test in Russian language and in the form of a test in physical culture.
Minimum passing scores on the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 36;
- Mathematics – 27;
- Physics – 36;
- Chemistry – 36;
- History – 32;
- Informatics and ICT – 40;
- Social Studies – 42;
- English – 22.
Scholarships Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
SSUVT has a program of material support for full-time students. The main types of scholarship fees at the university:
- State Academic Scholarship;
- Additional increased scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Increased social scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship is established annually by the order of the rector based on the size of the scholarship fund and the number of recipients of scholarships of all types.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian State University of Water Transport, SSUVT
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.