Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
Description of Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
- Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The University was established on May 12, 2017 as a result of the merger of the Siberian State Agrarian University named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev with the Siberian State Technological University.
SibSU conducts individual scientific research, development and development, is among the top 100 most promising universities in the Russian Federation.
Faculties and colleges
SibSU consists of 11 institutes:
- civil aviation and customs;
- additional education;
- distance learning;
- Engineering Economics;
- informatics and telecommunications;
- space technology;
- forest technologies;
- mechanical engineering and mechatronics;
- management and international business;
- social engineering;
- chemical technologies
As well as:
- Aerospace College;
- Military Training Centre;
- Scientific and Educational Center "Institute of Space Research and High Technologies";
- Faculty of Physical Culture and Sports;
- Branch of SibSU in Lesosibirsk.
Things to know about
SibSU maintains cooperation with KSC SB RAS, has a license from the Federal Space Agency.
The university has at its disposal its own observatory, the task of which is to search for new variable stars. With the help of powerful equipment of SibSU, more than three hundred variable stars were discovered.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For the period of study, SibSU provides nonresident students with accommodation on campus, which includes 8 dormitories equipped with a pass regime. On the territory there are showers, an assembly hall, laundries, gyms, hygiene rooms and other common rooms.
The cost of living is from 5000 rubles per half year.
During the day, daily hot meals are organized in canteens (3 pcs.) and buffets (8 pcs.), located on the territory of the educational institution.
Activities Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
At SibSU, students are given the opportunity both to join various student organizations and to create their own club. At the moment, there are the following organizations and associations:
- Reshetnev University Volunteer Center;
- Students' Union;
- International Student Club;
- Speaking Club;
- Dance group of modern choreography "Hope";
- Student Folk Ensemble Dance Ensemble "Adastra";
- Pop song group "Prospekt";
- Ballroom dance group "Atmosphere";
- Folk Choir "Razdolye";
- Sirius Intellectual Games League;
- Vocal studio Perfect sound;
- Esports League;
- Trade union;
- Student squads;
- Military-patriotic club "Yermak".
Students can visit:
- Training and demonstration center;
- Museum of SSTU;
- Interactive Museum of Cosmonautics.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
The general disposal of the university includes 29 educational facilities; 7 sports and recreation units and 5 social facilities. Students are trained in classrooms equipped with the necessary material and technical base: projectors, screens, laptops. The total number of computers with network access that training can use is 1072. In addition, all students have unrestricted access to all teaching and methodological and planning documentation in both electronic and printed form.
For extracurricular activities, the university provides students with an equipped coworking zone, a student palace of culture "Academic", equipped with assembly halls and open areas for outdoor events.
The following facilities are available for sports students: The Water Sports Palace, an educational and sports complex, a swimming pool, sports halls, a ski base and a shooting range.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SibSU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
Additional student expenses can include:
- Transport to the place of study;
- Payment for accommodation;
- Food expenses;
- Leisure spending.
For admission to SibSU, the applicant must provide the following list of documents:
- Original identity document, citizenship;
- Original / photocopy of the state document on education;
- 4 photos 3x4 ;
- Documents confirming special right/ individual achievements;
- SNILS, INN (optional).
This package of documents can be provided to the university in the following ways:
- Personally through the admission committee of the university;
- By mail;
- In electronic form through the electronic information system of the Reshetnev Siberian State University;
- In electronic form through the super service "Admission to the university online".
To date, 15,000 students study at SibSU, most of whom are undergraduate students - 11,510 people.
SibSU guarantees graduates almost one hundred percent employment. Industrial partners of the university are:
- JSC "ISS" named after academician M. F. Reshetnev;
- JSC "Krasmash";
- JSC "Krasnoyarsk Plant of Refrigerators "Biryusa"";
- PHARMASYNTEZ GROUP OF COMPANIES;
- JSC PPM "Geophysics";
- FRC KSC SB RAS;
- V. N. Sukachev Forest Institute SB RAS;
- FNW FSUE "Mining and Chemical Combine";
- Union of Machine Builders of Russia. Krasnoyarsk branch;
- JSC "Achinsk Oil Refinery VNK";
- JSC "Organica";
- Branch "Vostsiblesproekt" as part of FSUE "Roslesinforg";
- Space Communications Center (SCC) "Zheleznogorsk";
- Ministry of Forestry of the Krasnoyarsk Territory;
- JSC "Lesosibirsky LDK No1", the project "Dream Job".
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
When entering SibSU for educational programs of specialization and bachelor's degree, it is necessary:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general,
Points obtained on the Unified State Exam shall not be lower:
- Russian language — 40;
- Specialized mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- Chemistry — 39;
- Biology, 39;
- Informatics and ICT, 44;
- Social Studies, 45;
- History, 35;
- Foreign language — 30;
For admission to the educational programs of the magistracy it is necessary:
- Completed higher education (bachelor's/specialist's degree).
Scholarships Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Personal and special scholarships of the Reshetnev Siberian State University;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Prize of the Head of the City of Krasnoyarsk for young scientists;
- Regional scholarships for students.
The university provides material support to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian State University of Science and Technology named after Academician M. F. Reshetnev, SibSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.