Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
Description of Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: 18+;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Siberian State University of Railway Engineering was founded in 1932 on the basis of the Railway and Construction Faculty of the Siberian Institute of Transport Engineers (Tomsk) with the active participation of Professor V.M. Zavadsky. The founder of the university is the Federal Agency for Railway Transport.
The educational process at the university is built according to Russian standards of education. The schedule of classes is available to students in electronic form or posted on stands.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of the university includes the following structural units:
- Faculty "Management of railway transport processes";
- Faculty of Railway Construction;
- Faculty of Bridges and Tunnels;
- Faculty "Management of Transport and Technological Complexes";
- Faculty of Industrial and Civil Engineering;
- Faculty of Engineering and Economics;
- Faculty of World Economy and Law;
- Faculty of Personnel Management;
- Faculty of Business Informatics;
- Correspondence Faculty;
- Novosibirsk Technical School of Railway Transport;
- Institute of Advanced Transport Technologies and Retraining of Personnel;
- 3 branches in the cities of Tomsk, Belovo and Novoaltaysk.
In 2021, the university carried out work on 525 research, economic and implementation contracts.
The most significant developments:
- Forensic construction and technical expertise at the railway infrastructure facility on the Taksimo-Hani section of the East Siberian Railway "Construction of a double-track insert on the Sulban -Naledny section";
- Performance of works on instrumental verification of the plan of lines and longitudinal profile of station, sorting and hill tracks of stations of track distances using the AIC "Profile";
- Scientific and technical support of the project "Improvement of the technological unit of the rail grinding train";
- Manufacture of a specialized ultrasonic device UDS1-SIN, designed to determine the tension of the bearing rings of the axle box on the neck of the axle of the wheelset;
- Study of the processes of dissipative self-heating of metal during cyclic loads and development of recommendations for the determination of fatigue cracks in the elements of metal structures of road bridges by infrared thermography;
- Production of sets of mobile diagnostic equipment "Tensor MS";
- Assessment of the technical condition of bridge structures on public roads of federal significance;
- Development of the training complex "Operator of the sorting hill" for the Taishet station of the East Siberian Railway;
- Diagnostics and certification of bridge structures and overpasses in Novosibirsk;
- Integrated development of the Mezhdurechensk – Taishet section of the Krasnoyarsk Railway to ensure the export of hydrocarbons from Kuzbass;
- The program for the modernization of the railway infrastructure of the Baikal-Amur Mainline (BAM-2);
- Technology of operation and development of the infrastructure of the transport hub of non-public railway tracks of JSC "Siberian Anthracite" while ensuring loading of 20 million tons / year;
- Engineering and technical inspection of metro facilities in Yekaterinburg;
- Transport modeling for the evaluation of transport infrastructure projects in Novosibirsk and NSO;
- Inspection of road pavements and construction control on sections of roads in Novosibirsk and NSO.
In 2021, three projects were implemented as part of the state task:
- "Methodology for the arrangement of sections of variable stiffness on the operated high embankments of the railway track in the zone adjacent to bridges and overpasses with the injection of hardening solutions";
- "Substantiation of the design parameters of avalanche (or avalanche protection) structures at the sites of infrastructure facilities of JSC "Russian Railways";
- "Increasing the efficiency of the use of polymer composite materials in the construction and repair of bridges".
The results of research work have been applied to:
- in the field of rail and road transport:
- in the field of design, survey, civil and transport construction.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
Accommodation, meals, prices
The campus of the university occupies 28,713 square meters and includes 4 student dormitories (gyms, self-preparation rooms, rest rooms with furniture, computers, household appliances; rooms for living including for the disabled and persons with disabilities). There is also a food factory on the territory of the university.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
To ensure the educational process, the university has a modern educational and laboratory base:
- There are 34 lecture halls, 26 of them are equipped with multimedia equipment.
- There are 71 classrooms for practical classes, 16 of them with multimedia equipment.
- Computer classes – 38.
- Specialized educational laboratories - 100, of which combined with computer classes - 21.
- The stadium has a total area of 17 850 sq.m.
- Modern swimming pool.
The university has powerful information and computing resources: the scientific and technical library of SSUPS is the most important division of the university. Five subscriptions and seven reading rooms serve more than 35 thousand readers annually. Information about the library and its collections is included in the World Guide to Libraries.
The applicant can submit to the organization the documents necessary for admission in the following ways:
- in electronic form,
- through the super service "Admission to the university online",
- through public postal operators,
- personally through the counseling center.
The applicant submits the originals of the following documents to the admissions committee of SSUPS:
- a declaration of consent to the processing and dissemination of personal data;
- identity and citizenship document;
- a document on education or a corresponding document of a foreign state on education;
- current results of the Unified State Exam;
SSUPS is the only university in the city that still distributes its graduates. The main customers of specialists are the enterprises of JSC "Russian Railways", a large order for specialists comes from the administration of the Novosibirsk region.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of applicants to the university for educational programs of higher education is carried out on a competitive basis based on the results of the Unified State Exam and (or) entrance examinations conducted by the university independently. Competitive selection is carried out when accepting both budgetary and contractual places.
Scholarships Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
Scholarship support and material support for students in the Siberian State University of Railway Engineering is assigned to full-time students at the expense of budget allocations of the federal budget.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian State University of Railway Engineering, SSUPS
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.