Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
Description of Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
- Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The Siberian State Institute of Arts named after D. Hvorostovsky is the largest educational and scientific center in the field of culture in Siberia and the Far East. Today, more than 4,000 cultural and art workers are graduates of the SGII: theater artists, artists, designers and sculptors.
Faculties and colleges
As part of the SGII named after D. Hvorostovsky work:
- Faculty of Theatrical and Choreographic Arts;
- Faculty of Music;
- Faculty of Arts;
SGII publishes in electronic form the open access research journal ARTE.
Things to know about
Graduates of SGII are:
- Dashi Balzhanovich Namdakov - Russian sculptor, Honored Artist of the Russian Federation;
- Dmitry Alexandrovich Hvorostovsky - People's Artist of the Russian Federation, Soviet and Russian opera singer (baritone).
In 2022, the D. Hvorostovsky State Institute signed an Agreement on Bilateral Cooperation with the Belarusian State Academy of Music.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
Accommodation, meals, prices
Nonresident and foreign students are allocated a place in the hostel on a first-come, first-served basis. The total number of places is 503. Showers, kitchens for general use are equipped. The hostel is equipped with an internal video surveillance system, a fire alarm and a pass system, there is a computer class, access to Wi-Fi.
The main building is equipped with a dining room for 120 seats.
The cost of living in the dormitory SGII
- For students on the budget - 670 rubles per month;
- For students under education contracts - 1340 rubles per month.
Activities Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
SGII annually acts as one of the organizers of regional, all-Russian and international events: competitions, festivals, Olympiads, symposia, etc. For students, excursions to museums and theaters, master classes are held.
Facilities and equipment at Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
The main building of the D. Hvorostovsky SGII is located in the Central District of Krasnoyarsk, on the embankment of the Kacha River. A few minutes walk from the Institute is the Pobediteley Square. In addition to the main building, at the disposal of the SGII there are two educational buildings of the Faculty of Art.
All lecture halls of the university are equipped with the necessary furniture, computers and projectors. Classes for practical classes of students of artistic and graphic specialties are equipped with specialized equipment: fume and drying cabinets, muffle furnaces for firing ceramics, tools for wood carving, etc. For students of musical specialties, classes of practical classes are equipped with the necessary musical equipment, pianos and other musical instruments.
In addition, the SSII named after D. Hvorostovsky is equipped with: an open stadium, gyms, classes for acting and stage speech, choreographic classes and an educational theater with two stages.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the D. Hvorostovsky SGII begins on September 1 and ends according to the schedule of the educational process. One course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions. Holidays during one academic year are 7-10 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The beginning of the reception of documents for admission to the SSII named after D. Hvorostovsky is June 19 of this year, the last day of accepting documents is July 10.
Those wishing to enter the SGII must submit to the admissions office an application for admission, to which the following shall be attached:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document confirming registration in the system of individual (personified) accounting (SNILS, if any);
- a document of the established sample on education or on education and qualifications (certificate or diploma);
- photograph (3x4 cm);
- others, at the discretion of the applicant (confirming special rights, individual achievements, etc.).
Today, more than 1,000 people are educated at the D. Hvorostovsky State Art Institute. The most popular areas of study are:
- "The Art of Concert Performance";
- "Musical and Instrumental Art".
The number of students at the expense of the budget is about 800 people.
About 90% of SGII graduates in the first year after graduation are employed in their profession. Graduates of the university are in demand in Russia, CIS countries and Europe.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Upon admission to the SGII, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests;
- Successful completion of creative tests in selected areas of study.
Scholarships Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
Scholarships are paid to students in accordance with the Regulation on Scholarships and Other Forms of Material Support.
Types of scholarships:
- state academic;
- state social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Siberian State Institute of Arts named after Dmitry Hvorostovsky, SGII
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.