School number 498 Moscow
Description of School number 498 Moscow
- Location: Moscow, Russia;
- Students age - from 1.5 to 18 years old;
- Adapted programs;
- Forms of study: full-time, part-time, part-time;
- Types of education: preschool, primary, basic, secondary.
This educational institution was created by the merger of several secondary schools and kindergartens in 2012. School №498 is in the TOP-200 best schools in Moscow.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in School number 498 Moscow
Accommodation, meals, prices
All branches of School №498 provide reduced-price and paid meals, which can be purchased one-time or ordered in the form of a coupon on the mos.ru portal.
Visiting the canteen by parallel classes is on schedule, the buffet is open at every break.
Activities School number 498 Moscow
Circles of interest and sections work in several directions:
- Solving mathematical problems of increased complexity;
- Film and video equipment;
- Engineering graphics, technical design;
- Technical devices, devices, mechanisms;
- Innovative entrepreneurial projects;
- Construction, architecture;
- Layout, modeling, design;
- Computer and information technology, programming, robotics.
- Physical culture and sports:
- Martial arts: capoeira, taekwondo;
- Exercise therapy;
- Chess, checkers;
- Applied sports;
- Sports, rhythmic gymnastics;
- General fitness;
- Ball games: football, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Natural science:
- Subject study of basic subjects (mathematics, geography, biology, chemistry, etc.);
- Natural, physical and mathematical modeling;
- Paleontology and the Foundations of Evolutionary Theory;
- Social ecology and sustainable development;
- Biochemistry and biophysics;
- Fundamentals of Microbiology, Genetics and Breeding;
- Design and research activities.
- Social and humanitarian:
- Learning Russian, English, French;
- Intellectual, artistic and aesthetic development;
- Play activity;
- Speech therapy classes;
- Fundamentals of Social Science, Culturology;
- Vocational guidance;
- Search business;
- The art of cinema;
- Practical psychology;
- History of Russia, culture;
- Preparatory lessons for preschoolers.
- Tourist and local history: Moscow studies.
- Dances: pop, ballroom, modern, etc.;
- Needlework: working with various materials, paper plastic;
- Elementary Music Theory;
- Playing the piano, flute, power tools;
- Singing: pop vocals, academic singing;
- Literary criticism;
- Fundamentals of musical and theatrical creativity, drama theater;
- Painting and graphics, techniques of working with art materials, history of fine arts.
- Extracurricular activities:
- Excursions and themed events;
- Student volunteer squad;
- Projects "Saturdays of Moscow Schoolchildren", "School Museum: New Opportunities", "Moscow Cinema at School", etc.;
- School within school project - getting music education;
- Career guidance based on the project "Vocational training without borders";
- Museum complex, sports club;
- Outbound excursions of international and interregional format;
- Design and research work;
- Subject Olympiads, educational competitions;
- Sports competitions, delivery of TRP norms;
- Creative projects of city, district and school levels.
School №498 cooperates with a number of colleges and universities in Moscow:
- College of Communications №54;
- Small Business College №4;
- College of Architecture, Design and Reengineering №26 ("26KADR")
- NRU MEI;
- NUST MISIS.
- Profile classes;
- Educational projects;
- Circles and sections, extracurricular activities.
Facilities and equipment at School number 498 Moscow
The school has 9 buildings, some of them belong to the preschool department. In kindergarten buildings are well equipped:
- Premises for groups of different ages: sleeping places, bathrooms, playrooms;
- Physical culture and music halls;
- Walking grounds in the territories;
- Specialists' offices - speech therapist, psychologist, etc.;
- Common dining room;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Infrastructure for teaching schoolchildren includes:
- Study rooms with chalk and interactive whiteboards, projectors;
- Classrooms for primary classes;
- Practical laboratories of natural science subjects;
- Sports grounds, gyms;
- Libraries with reading rooms, MFPs, printers, scanners;
- Computer classes;
- Additional education rooms;
- Treadmills, obstacle courses, play fields;
- Assembly halls for events;
- Common dining room and buffet;
- Offices of specialists - speech therapist, psychologist;
- Medical and treatment facilities.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into quarters and semesters.
Quarter dates for grades 1-9:
- September 1-October 30;
- November 9-December 30;
- January 11-March 19;
- March 29 - May 21/28.
High school students study in half a year:
- September 1-December 30;
- January 11 - May 21/28.
The educational year ends after the successful completion of the final certification.
List of vacation dates for all students:
- October 31-November 8;
- December 31-January 10;
- February 20-28 - for first graders;
- March 20-28;
- May 22/29 - August 31.
Classes are held from Monday to Friday in one shift. Lessons start at 8:30 a.m., each duration is 45 minutes for grades 2-11, 35-40 minutes for first graders.
Students of the engineering class undergo practical training at NRU MPEI in the first weeks of June.
The preschool department works in a 12-hour mode for children from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the mode of five school days.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applications for admission to any of the school's departments are accepted in writing when visiting the institution in person or on the mos.ru portal. Pupils of the preschool department of secondary school No. 498 enter the first grades by a simple written application from their parents / legal representatives addressed to the school principal.
Enrollment in specialized classes is carried out after successful passing of tests.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about School number 498 Moscow
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.