Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
Description of Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
- Location: Saratov, Russia;
- Age of students: from 15 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Vavilov University is one of the largest educational and research complexes and production centers for training specialists for the agricultural industry, ranked 2nd among agricultural universities and ranked among the 100 best universities in Russia.
The main activity of the university is to train innovation-oriented personnel and scientific support for the high-tech functioning of the agro-industrial sector.
Faculties and colleges
- Faculty of Agronomy;
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Food and Biotechnology;
- Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Engineering;
- Faculty of Economics and Management;
- Institute of International Relations.
Vavilov University is equipped with a strong research base and conducts its research activities in the following priority areas:
- Resource-saving environmentally friendly farming;
- Modernization of engineering and technical support of the agro-industrial complex;
- Intensification of animal husbandry;
- Resource-saving technologies of safe food products;
- Modernization of agrarian economy.
SSAU has the Association "Agrarian Education and Science", within the framework of which leading scientific educational organizations and enterprises of agrarian profile are united.
Also, the university has created an electronic journal "Agrarian Conferences", which publishes scientific articles on engineering and agro-industrial specialties, economics, agronomy and forestry. All articles are reviewed and are in the public domain.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
Accommodation, meals, prices
In SSAU there is the possibility of living in dormitories. Students are provided with meals in canteens.
Activities Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
The pride of SSAU are its museums:
- veterinary examination;
- Museum of History of SSAU;
- memorial cabinet-museum of N.I. Vavilov.
SSAU has three sports and recreation camps on the picturesque banks of the Volga.
On the basis of the university there is a multifunctional sports complex with a swimming pool, where there are over 30 different sports sections.
In the student club of SSAU vocal and choreographic groups, a theater studio, an orchestra of folk instruments and a choir are organized.
For more than 20 years, a search team has been operating on the basis of Vavilov University, which annually conducts expeditions to the places of military operations of the Great Patriotic War.
Facilities and equipment at Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
- College of Finance and Technology and 3 branches of the university;
- 45 research laboratories and educational, scientific and production centers;
- 21 small innovative enterprises;
- Veterinary hospital;
- 19 basic advanced farms;
- Sports complex with swimming pool;
- 3 sports and health camps;
- 3 health posts;
- 3 libraries;
- 3 sports and health camps;
- 12 museums;
- 14 dormitories;
- Accessible environment.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at SSAU begins on September 1.
Paid educational services:
- Training in additional general education programs;
- Advanced training programs;
- Professional retraining programs.
List of documents:
- identity and citizenship document;
- document on education;
- document on registration in the individual accounting system (if any);
- a document on disability or disability (if any);
- a document granting a special right to admission;
- a document on individual achievements;
- photo (for applicants based on the results of internal entrance examinations).
Deadlines for receiving documents:
- the beginning of the reception of documents — June 20;
- completion of the reception of documents from applicants based on the results of internal entrance tests - July 10;
- the completion of the reception of documents from applicants without passing the entrance tests and the day of completion of the entrance tests is July 25.
The University of Wawila has over 22,000 students.
Graduates of SSAU successfully work at agro-industrial enterprises in the following areas:
- agroecology and agroengineering;
- animal husbandry, fish farming, poultry farming;
- viticulture and beekeeping;
- forestry, garden and landscape construction;
- entrepreneurship, banking and agribusiness;
- food and processing industry;
- trade and veterinary services;
- universities, technical schools and research institutes;
- administrative and management organizations.
During its activity, Vavilov University has trained more than 100 thousand highly qualified specialists.
The official website of the university publishes current vacancies and all the necessary information for the successful employment of SSAU graduates.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Training programs are designed for applicants with secondary general, secondary vocational or higher vocational education.
Admission to the university is carried out according to the results of the Unified State Exam, which are equated to the result of entrance examinations and (or) based on the results of internal entrance tests:
- Biology — 36 points;
- Geography — 37 points;
- Mathematics — 27 points;
- Russian language — 36 points;
- Physics — 36 points;
- Chemistry — 36 points;
- Informatics — 46 points;
- Social Studies — 42 points;
- History — 32 points.
Scholarships Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State scholarship for postgraduate students;
- State social scholarship;
- State social scholarship in an increased amount;
- Increased state academic scholarship;
- Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Material support for needy students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Saratov State University of Genetics, Biotechnology and Engineering named after N.I. Vavilov, SSAU named after N.I. Vavilov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.