Samara State University
Description of Samara State University
- Founded: 1969
- Location: Samara, Russia
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Number of students: about 7000
- Rating in Russia: 61.
Samara University is consistently included in the list of the best universities in Russia, where about 700 specialists with various degrees are taught. Students from Russia and other countries are studying, there are international exchange programs.
The choice of study programs is wide enough; the most popular faculties are:
- economics and Management
- Mechanical-mathematical and so on.
The university conducts research in various fields, creating new materials and discovering new properties of various substances. At master's courses, students take part in research, can become a co-author of scientific works. Scholarship programs are available for capable students and for children with social problems.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Samara State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Samara University offers accommodation in a hostel, students can also rent a separate room or apartment: the cost of rent is from $ 150 per month. The university has a cafe with affordable prices and a good selection.
Facilities and equipment at Samara State University
In addition to educational buildings and libraries, the university has a number of research centers, including laboratories of mathematical physics, a center for robotics and 3D printing, a gym and computer classes with stable Internet access are open.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at Samara University is divided into 2 semesters, after each there is an examination session. Additional costs will range from $ 200 per month (for food, communication, transportation).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main requirement is the passing of entrance exams: with proper preparation, this will not become a problem. The percentage of admission is quite high - 40-50% depending on the faculty.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Samara State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.