Samara State Technical University
Description of Samara State Technical University
- Location: Samara, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
SamSTU is one of the largest scientific and educational centers of the Samara Region and the Volga Economic Region of Russia. The University trains specialists in transport, oil and gas production, petrochemical, defense and other industries that are in demand today.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of SSTU includes the following structural subdivisions:
- Graduate School of Biotechnology;
- General Educational Architectural and Technical Lyceum;
- SamSTU College;
- Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture;
- Institute of Oil and Gas Technologies;
- Institute of Automation and Information Technologies;
- Institute of Engineering, Economic and Humanitarian Education;
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology;
- Faculty of Chemical Technology;
- Faculty of Heat and Power Engineering;
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Transport;
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering;
- Military Training Center.
In addition, SSTU consists of three branches:
- in Novokuybyshevsk;
- in Syzran;
- in Belebey (Republic of Bashkortostan).
SSTU conducts an active policy in the field of science, international and all-Russian research conferences are held annually. Employees and students of SSTU received about 61 patents for innovative developments in the field of science and industry.
Things to know about
The university was founded in 1933 and was called the "Middle Volga Industrial Institute". In 2015, SSTU underwent a large-scale expansion of the structure and personnel, samara State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering was joined to it.
In 2016, SSTU received the title of one of the 11 regional flagship universities in Russia.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Samara State Technical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students who came to study from other regions or countries, there are places in the hostel. In total, SSTU has 5 residential buildings at its disposal. To obtain a place, you must collect the following documents:
- a copy of the birth certificate;
- certificate of pediculosis;
- medical certificate No086 (with fluorography);
- 3 photos 3x4.
Meals for students are organized in the canteens of the university: there are 7 canteens and 6 buffets.
Activities Samara State Technical University
Student life with SSTU is filled with interesting events and activities. The Student Council of SSTU is responsible for leisure and protection of students' rights.
On the basis of the University there are such student associations as:
- Military-patriotic club "Typhoon";
- Student operational detachment of law enforcement "Vector";
- Headquarters of student teams of SamSTU "Atlant".
In addition, events dedicated to state holidays and student festivals are held annually at SSTU.
Facilities and equipment at Samara State Technical University
At the disposal of SSTU there are 1 main and 14 educational buildings. All buildings of the university are located in three districts of the city: Samara, Leninsky and Oktyabrsky, you can get to each on foot or by public transport.
Classrooms of SSTU are equipped with all necessary furniture for lectures, scientific material in the form of posters or information stands. SSTU is equipped with separate classrooms for practical training:
- Laboratory "Control of modes of electric power systems";
- Laboratory "General Chemical Technology";
- Specialized laboratory "Oktyabrsky Packer";
- Specialized Laboratory "Underground Hydromechanics";
- Laboratory "Installation and repair of equipment", etc.
In total, more than 200 different types of laboratories and classrooms for practical classes are equipped.
For convenient search for information and independent study of materials, SSTU is equipped with 5 libraries.
For sports, the University is equipped with 2 sports halls, 3 gyms, a game room and tennis halls.
In addition, SSTU is equipped with objects of health protection conditions:
- Medical center;
- Department of Medical Rehabilitation;
- Center for Preventive Medicine;
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year is divided into two semesters (autumn and spring), each of which ends with an examination session and vacation weekends.
Holidays are divided into winter (2 weeks, January) and summer (2 months, July-August).
The cost of living in the hostel of SamSTU:
- Students studying on the budget - from 350 to 400 rubles per month;
- Students studying at paid places - from 800 to 950 rubles per month.
In addition to expenses, food, transport and household expenses should be included.
In SSTU, the admission committee for full-time education begins on June 20 and lasts until August 1 inclusive. The applicant, when applying for training, must submit to the commission the following package of documents:
- Identity and citizenship document (passport);
- A document of the established sample on education (certificate and / or diploma);
- SNILS (if any);
- Documents confirming the basis for passing entrance examinations for a separate category of applicants;
- A document confirming the right to admission within a special quota;
- Conclusion of the federal institution ITU on the absence of contraindications for studying at the University (mandatory for disabled persons of I and II groups, disabled children, disabled since childhood, etc.);
- Medical certificate (for individual specialties);
- Documents confirming the existence of special rights and / or advantages in admission, established by the legislation of the Russian Federation;
- Documents confirming individual achievements;
- 2 photos.
Documents can be submitted in three convenient ways:
- Through the portal "Public Services";
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail.
Over its history, SSTU has trained more than 300 thousand specialists. Today, the most popular areas of study are:
- Construction – 1235 students;
- Oil and Gas Business – 2452 students;
- Customs – 627 students.
Due to the high level and innovative approaches to education, SSTU graduates come out as sought-after specialists in various industries.
Graduates of SSTU are the pride of such enterprises as:
- Middle Volga Machine-Tool Plant;
- Middle Volga Gas Company;
- Electroshield Samara;
- Samara GRES;
- Novokuybyshev Petrochemical Plant;
- Middle Volga Research Institute for Oil Refining;
- KuibyshevAzot and others.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to SSTU in the areas of higher education, the following requirements are put forward to applicants:
- Completed education: secondary specialized and/or secondary general;
- Awareness in choosing the future direction of training;
- Successful completion of entrance tests or the Unified State Exam (including for citizens of foreign countries).
The minimum number of passing points of the Unified State Exam:
- Russian language – 40;
- Mathematics – 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- History – 35;
- Physics – 39;
- Chemistry – 39;
- Biology – 39;
- Social Studies – 45;
- Informatics and ICT – 44.
Scholarships Samara State Technical University
SSTU has a system of material incentives for students for excellent academic performance and achievements in science and sports. In total, there are about 20 scholarship payments. For example:
- State Academic Scholarship for Students;
- State social scholarship for students;
- Scholarship of the Governor of the Samara Region;
- Increased academic scholarship for students with achievements in educational, research, social, cultural, creative and sports activities;
- Award of the Governor of the Samara Region for special achievements in educational activities;
- Personal scholarship named after E.T. Gaidar;
- Personal scholarship named after Yu.D. Maslyukov.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Samara State Technical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.