Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
Description of Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
- Location: Samara, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1919 in the city of Samara.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
- Biotechnology and Veterinary Medicine;
In the research work of the university, the following scientific schools are distinguished:
- Development of environmentally friendly energy-saving basic elements of the farming system and technologies for the cultivation of field crops adapted to the conditions of the forest-steppe of the Middle Volga region;
- Development of highly efficient resource-saving techniques and technologies for the cultivation of fodder crops in the fodder production system of the Middle Volga region, which meets the requirements of feeding highly productive animals, environmental protection and reproduction of soil fertility;
- Development of the scientific foundations of management and the economic mechanism for the effective functioning of the agro-industrial complex in the context of rural development;
- Development of a set of technologies and technical means for the use of mineral fertilizers and tillage, wide-belt and scattered sowing of grain in modern farming systems;
- Development of an environmentally efficient mobile energy vehicle (MES) with an alternative use of rapeseed oil;
- The effect of exogenous and endogenous factors on the productivity of indicators of natural resistance and the reproductive capacity of farm animals;
- Bioecological substantiation of integrated protection of crops from pests, diseases and weeds in the forest-steppe of the Middle Volga region;
- Ecological and morphological studies of ontogenesis and adaptive capabilities of the organism of domestic animals;
- Improvement of existing and creation of new breeding groups of pigs of large white breed and landrace of German-Finnish selection in the Middle Volga region.
Things to know about
The university conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Kostanay State University named after Akhmet Baitursynov;
- Demilge KG Public Foundation;
- Grodno State Agrarian University;
- Gaudeamus Limited Liability Partnership;
- West Kazakhstan Agrarian and Technical University named after Zhangir Khan;
- Osh State University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides 6 corridor-type dormitories for nonresident full-time students.
For meals for students and staff, the university has a canteen for 275 seats and three buffets.
Activities Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Samara Regional Student Scientific Conference in the section "Technology of Food Production and Organization of Public Catering";
- All-Russian competition in the Volga Federal District;
- RSSM Asset School;
- All-Russian seminar-meeting of vice-rectors for academic affairs of agrarian universities of Russia;
- Drawing competition for children of university staff "Children's drawing for Victory Day";
- All-Russian (National) Scientific and Practical Conference "Innovative Development of Land Management";
- All-Russian session "The course of a young fighter. Information Front".
Facilities and equipment at Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
The education process is based on 12 buildings equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary equipment: projectors, screens, electronic boards, computers and an audio system.
Students are given free access to the library with two reading rooms for 108 seats.
Two sports complexes are allocated for students to play sports.
Admission dates and extra charges
At SamSAU, the learning process is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
- Payment for accommodation;
- Leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity card, citizenship;
- State-recognized certificate of education and qualifications;
- Proof of use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Confirmation of individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account when admitting;
- Confirmation of registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 5700 people are studying at the university.
For internship and further employment of its graduates, the university cooperates with the following organizations:
- Northern Key;
- X5 Retail Group Pyaterochka+;
- Samara Fat Factory;
- Zhiguli State Nature Biosphere Reserve named after I. I. Sprygin;
- Agrotrade Technician;
- Krasnoyarsk milk;
- Von Bacon;
- Alekseevsky Dairy Plant;
- Samara mills;
- Administration of the Pokhvistnevsky Municipal District of the Samara Region.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 27;
- chemistry — 36;
- Informatics and ICT — 40;
- Russian language — 36;
- Biology — 36.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of university entrance examinations with scores of at least 45.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations with scores of at least 45:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following types of scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- the President of the Russian Federation;
- Government of the Russian Federation;
- Students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Samara State Agrarian University, Samara State Agrarian University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.