Description of Quest University
- Established: 2007
- Location: Squamish, British Columbia, Canada
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 800
- Type: private.
Quest University is the only university in Canada with an experimental study program, which consists of two stages - Foundation and Concentration.
- During the Foundation, students of any field study 16 compulsory subjects, including natural sciences, humanities, physics, and mathematics.
- During the second stage of education, students must determine the profile loans and develop an individual program, which consists of:
- Curriculum Approval
- Approval Sheet Required Literature
- Selection and approval of the topic of the diploma.
The structure of the university is also unusual - it does not consist of faculties, but of departments. The curriculum, which implements the educational process, is fully consistent with the liberal arts system generally accepted in the USA and Canada.
Education takes place in groups of up to 20 people in the format of a seminar, which make up a three-week unit. At the end of each block is a debriefing.
To obtain a degree, students must provide a thesis: at Quest University this is not a traditional study on paper, but a stained-glass window, video, installation, exhibition, book, etc.
The main motto of the university is “We are confident that students will challenge and surprise us.”
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Quest University
- All graduates receive a bachelor of art and science degree
- Quest University is an international educational center
- The school is a partner of Embassy CES, organizes summer education for students participating in the exchange program
- Double Degree Opportunity with British University Business School
- Employment opportunities during the educational process.
Facilities and equipment at Quest University
- The campus is located on the shores of the Pacific Ocean: its area is more than 60 acres, Vancouver is 45 minutes away.
- The university strongly supports sports activities: students have the opportunity to engage in volleyball, badminton, football, hockey, squash and diving.
- On campus there are educational buildings, five dormitories, cafeterias, libraries, sports complexes, service centers and workshops.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants must have:
- Completed secondary education
- An essay that describes ideas and plans
- A letter of recommendation from teachers
- Deposit of $ 500 CAD
- Certificate of English proficiency (TOEFL - 580 (paper-based), or 90 (internet-based); IELTS - 6.5).
After submitting documents, applicants will receive an invitation to an interview.
Scholarships Quest University
The university provides assistance:
- Outstanding students with high academic performance - they can count on a full four-year tuition fee
- Students in financial difficulties: they can count on help in paying for tuition, accommodation and meals.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Quest University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.