Description of Plasma University
- Established: 2005
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia.
Plasma University (PU) was opened in 2005 as a private non-profit higher education institution in Somalia. The university offers academic programs linking the problems of theoretical education with real practical problems. There are 5 colleges in PU:
- Engineering Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Social and Human Sciences
- Economics and business.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Plasma University
- PU is in the top 20 of the best educational institutions in the country, ranking 17th in the list
- The university provides scholarship programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Plasma University
The main campus of the university is in the capital of Somalia - Mogadishu.
The material and technical base of the university includes:
- Laboratory of Computer Science
- Telecommunications Technology Laboratory
- Medical science lab.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year, each semester contains 18 academic weeks and 2 exam days. The first semester begins in September and ends in January; the second semester lasts from February to June.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you need:
- Secondary Education Document
- College-specific qualifications
- Passing entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Plasma University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.