Petrozavodsk State University
Description of Petrozavodsk State University
- Founded: 1940
- Location: Petrozavodsk, Russia
- Number of students: 18,700
- Rating in Russia: 78.
Petrozavodsk State University is the best in the region and takes pride of place in the ranking of Russian universities. In 2017, the university received the status of a reference university. It includes 11 institutes, 67 departments and 8 research centers.
At most faculties, distance learning is possible. Talented students receive a scholarship. The university cooperates with foreign partners - citizens of more than 50 countries study in it. The university has more than 1,100 teachers, most of whom are candidates and doctors of science.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Petrozavodsk State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident and foreign students, there are 11 dormitories: modern repairs have been made in each building, and the Internet has been completed. Students can eat at the university cafe - the prices for meals are low, much lower than in other city cafes.
Activities Petrozavodsk State University
In 1961, a camp for students was created on the Shotozero Lake to improve and spend healthy leisure time: it accepts up to 70 people for a shift. The camp has conditions for sporting and recreational activities, classes in oratory, conflict management, team building are arranged.
A university club for creative programmers is open at the university: students are trained here for international competitions and olympiads in computer science and programming - they know about the club far beyond the borders of Russia! The university is a member of a number of state and international organizations.
Facilities and equipment at Petrozavodsk State University
In addition to research centers and educational buildings, the university has a large library, a botanical garden, and various interest clubs for students have been created. The university promotes a healthy lifestyle - on its territory there are sports fields, fitness centers, tennis rooms, a number of sports sections have been created.
The University’s IT park is very popular - it is a number of laboratories for research in the field of high technology. Work is underway to create software, including integrated solutions for large enterprises.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at Petrozavodsk State University is divided into semesters: they begin in September and January, after each an examination session is held. Additional costs associated with living: renting a separate room or apartment will cost monthly $ 334 -682 $.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the university is based on the results of entrance exams; if they fail, the applicant can try to apply for a paid department. Foreigners are required to submit documents with a notarized translation and confirm their knowledge of the Russian language.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Petrozavodsk State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.