Perm Medical University
Description of Perm Medical University
- Founded: 1916
- Location: Perm, Russia
- Number of students: more than 4000
- Rating in Russia: 499.
- Initially, in 1916, it was only a small medical department of a state university, but the popularity of medical education was 43%
- In 1917, the department became an independent faculty.
- In 1931, a medical institute was founded on the basis of the faculty.
- In 1994, the institute received the status of an academy.
- In 2014, Perm Medical University was officially opened.
PSMU offers a wide selection of specialties. Among teachers, almost 90% have a degree: they share modern knowledge that helps to heal people and save lives in the future. The university conducts research activities, receives patents for new drugs and other discoveries. Active scientific activity is carried out in the following areas:
The university also conducts research in the field of oncology and in other areas, combining its efforts with foreign partners. Every year, university employees publish about a thousand scientific articles. Among the famous teachers and graduates of the university are Yevgeny Wagner and Irina Koryukina (honored scientists and medical workers).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Perm Medical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
PSMU accepts nonresident and foreign students for education: they can settle in a dormitory consisting of 4 buildings. Accommodation in a hostel is paid, but costs 3-5 times cheaper than renting an apartment.
Facilities and equipment at Perm Medical University
In addition to specialized institutes and laboratories with research centers, a simulation center has been created for students: here they can hone their skills in various branches of medicine. Instead of people, students work with simulators and mannequins that simulate human behavior - students get initial experience without causing possible harm to the person. Education at the simulation center is possible in the fields of surgery, obstetrics and dentistry.
Students have at their disposal computer classes with modern equipment, a linguistic center, a library. A medical center with a clinic and dentistry has been opened on the basis of the university: here students receive a number of practical knowledge and skills.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year in this university, as in all universities in Russia, is divided into 2 semesters. Additional costs associated with accommodation: from 6300 to 10,000 rubles for accommodation in a university dormitory, from $ 334 to $ 692 for living in a separate apartment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Those wishing to enroll in PSMU must, from June 20 to July 10, bring an application to the selection committee, attach a school certificate or diploma of previous higher education to it. Foreign citizens must also provide a translation of documents and a certificate of proficiency in Russian at the level of B1. Admission is based on the results of the exam and entrance exams.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Perm Medical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.