Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
Description of Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
- Location: Penza, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Penza GAU is one of the leading universities in the region in the field of agriculture and agricultural industry. The education of highly qualified personnel by the university is inextricably linked with the introduction of innovative methods and technologies in the agricultural sector of the economy.
Faculties and colleges
The structure of Penza GAU includes:
- Faculty of Secondary Special Education (College);
- Faculty of Engineering;
- Faculty of Agronomy;
- Faculty of Economics;
- Faculty of Technology;
- Driving school.
Penza GAU is one of the largest scientific centers of the Volga Federal District of the country. Teachers and students of the university conduct research work on improving agricultural production. On the basis of PSAU, scientific schools, dissertation councils, a council of young scientists are operating. Periodical scientific journals are published annually:
- "Niva Povolzhye";
- Sursky Vestnik;
- Volga Region Farmland.
Things to know about
In 2021, the Penza GAU concluded a Cooperation Agreement with the Mogilev State Regional Institute for the Development of Education (Republic of Belarus).
PSAU concluded an Agreement on Inter-Institutional Cooperation for 2021-2023 academic years with the University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine of Bucharest (Romania).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
Accommodation, meals, prices
PSAU has 4 dormitories. The total number of beds is 856. The rooms are equipped to accommodate 2-3 people. Dormitories are equipped with a video surveillance system, a fire protection system, a pass system, a security service works. All buildings are connected to cable TV and high-speed Internet.
Next to the dormitories there is a dining room.
Activities Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
The Student Council is actively active in PSAU, the main task of which is to represent the interests and rights of students. During the academic year, various cultural events are organized: competitions, concerts, sports competitions, trips to theaters and museums.
There are student clubs and creative associations:
- KVN teams;
- pop vocal studio;
- vocal and instrumental studio;
- choreographic ensemble;
- hip-hop choreography studio;
- literary and creative association;
- student sports club.
Facilities and equipment at Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
The main building of PSAU is located in the Zheleznodorozhny district of Penza.
Penza GAU is located in 9 educational buildings, 4 of which are educational and laboratory. Lecture-type classrooms are equipped with the necessary furniture for the organization of the educational process, multimedia equipment (computers, projectors, sound recording and sound reproducing devices). Classrooms for practical exercises are additionally equipped with technical teaching aids, sets of demonstration equipment and educational and visual aids.
- Open stadium;
- Sports complex;
- Sports and recreation complex.
In addition, there is a sanatorium-dispensary and a student polyclinic.
Admission dates and extra charges
September 1 is the beginning of the academic year in Penza GAU. The end of the academic year depends on the schedule of the educational process. One education course consists of two semesters and two intermediate examination sessions. Holidays during one academic year are on average 8 weeks in duration, excluding holidays.
The average cost of living on campus is 1100 rubles per month.
Acceptance of documents for full-time education at OSU begins on June 20 of this year. At the same time, an applicant can apply for 5 areas of study. Deadlines for accepting documents for state-funded places:
- Until July 20 - for persons entering the results of entrance examinations conducted by OSU independently;
- Until July 25 - for persons entering the unified state exam.
The deadline for accepting documents for paid places is August 29.
You can submit documents in three ways:
- personally to the admissions office;
- by mail;
- in electronic form (for example, through the portal "Public Services").
List of documents:
- identity document, citizenship (passport);
- a document on education (certificate or diploma);
- 6 photos (3x4 );
- documents confirming the special rights and advantages of the applicant, individual achievements of the applicant.
Today, more than 3,000 students study at Penza GAU. Every year, about 500 places are allocated for the education of persons at the expense of the budget.
The most popular areas of study at PSAU:
- Technology of production and processing of agricultural products.
More than 80% of PSAU students get a job in the first year after graduation.
Partners of the university are:
- LLC "CHERKIZOVO-PIG BREEDING";
- Techno-Snab LLC;
- LLC "PenzaMolInvest";
- RUSMOLKO Management Company.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Level of education (secondary general or secondary vocational);
- Successful completion of the Unified State Exam or entrance tests.
Scholarships Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
Types of scholarships:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Penza State Agrarian University, Penza GAU, PGAU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.