Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
Description of Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
- Location: Orenburg, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The OGPU was founded on July 9, 1919 as the Institute of Public Education. OGPU is one of the oldest universities in the Urals.
Faculties and colleges
The university includes:
- 5 institutes:
- natural science and economics;
- physical culture and sports;
- pedagogy and psychology;
- continuing education;
- pre-school and primary education;
- 4 faculties:
- physical and mathematical;
- foreign languages.
The university is flourishing:
- 8 scientific schools;
- 13 scientific and educational laboratories and centers.
The most effective working scientific areas are:
- "Archaeology of the Southern Urals";
- "Socio-pedagogical regulators of education in the context of modern transformations of society";
- "Linguomethodological aspects of the conceptualization of reality";
- "Pedagogy of health and life safety".
Things to know about
The OGPU is implementing 9 strategic projects:
- "Teacher: the future is in the present";
- "Your Choice";
- "Accessible environment";
- "Center for Applied Scientific Research";
- "Social practices";
- "Parent University";
- "Modern School" and others.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
Accommodation, meals, prices
The infrastructure of the OGPU includes 3 dormitories: a total of 596 living rooms for 1461 places. All buildings have study and recreation rooms, dormitories No. 1 and No. 3 are equipped with places for table tennis.
Each building of the OGPU is equipped with canteens and buffets.
Activities Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
The university has 38 student associations of various orientations, there are 17 groups for improving sportsmanship in 13 sports:
- cross-country skiing;
- sports tourism;
- kettlebell lifting;
- volleyball (men's and women's);
- basketball (men's and women's);
- fitness aerobics.
- Cooperation with foreign universities and partner organizations;
- Targeted education in state-funded places.
Facilities and equipment at Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
The university has:
- 8 educational buildings;
- a sports complex with a swimming pool and 4 gyms, a shooting range;
- 3 dormitories (for 1461 places) with a gym.
For educational work, the material and technical base and infrastructure are effectively used:
- in building No. 1 there is an assembly hall for 140 seats;
- in building No. 2 there is an assembly hall for 300 seats;
- in building No. 2 there is an equipped hall for dance groups.
In building No. 6 there is an arena with a 200-meter treadmill and sectors for practicing various sports, in each educational building there is an equipped gym. Dormitories No. 1 and No. 2 have gyms.
Special premises have been allocated for the work of student self-government bodies at faculties and dormitories, special premises for the work of the Volunteer Center, the United Student Council, the headquarters of the student teams "Constellation": all of them are provided with communications, computers and other necessary equipment.
The OGPU has an office for medical care for students and employees, for drivers to undergo pre-trip and post-trip medical examinations.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year begins on September 1 and is divided into two semesters, each of which ends with a test and examination session in accordance with the curriculum of the corresponding educational program.
Additional expenses may include fees for accommodation in dormitories (for nonresidents), meals, leisure and other expenses.
The following documents are required for admission:
- a document on education - a certificate or diploma;
- documents confirming special rights, individual achievements and benefits;
- medical certificate.
You can apply for admission and documents in person, by mail or online.
The total number of students at the university is more than 5000 people. The total number of applicants enrolled in the university annually is more than 1000 people. The largest competition was recorded on the profiles:
- History and foreign language — 11.9;
- Economics and management — 11.82;
- Russian language and literature — 10.91;
- Russian language and primary education — 10.27;
- History and Social Studies — 9.82.
Graduates of the university are employed in a variety of enterprises and organizations of the Orenburg region and beyond. Applications for university graduates come from the Department of Education of the city of Naberezhnye Chelny, the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug (Yugra), Baikonur, the Murmansk Region, the Border Department of the Federal Security Service of Russia in the Republic of Karelia.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants to the university must meet the following requirements:
- age from 17 years;
- completed education is not lower than secondary complete general, confirmed by the relevant document.
The minimum number of points according to the results of the exam:
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Mathematics — 39;
- Biology, 39;
- Geography — 40;
- English — 30;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Russian language — 40.
Scholarships Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
The following types of scholarships are paid to the OGPU:
- state academic;
- state social;
- increased state academic;
- state social in an increased amount;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Russian Federation;
- nominal scholarships of the Academic Council.
In addition, the university provides financial support to students who find themselves in a difficult life situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Orenburg State Pedagogical University, OGPU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.