Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
Description of Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
- Location: Novosibirsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka was founded in 1956, is the very first and only musical higher educational institution in Siberia. The Conservatory provides educational services at the level of bachelor's, specialist's, master's, postgraduate and postgraduate internships, as well as advanced courses.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process of the Conservatory is based on the bass of the following faculties:
- Folk instruments;
- Theoretical and composer;
Things to know about
A wide teaching staff is represented by professors and doctors of sciences, associate professors and candidates of sciences, people's, honored artists and honored artists of the Russian Federation. Within the walls of this educational institution, such famous musicians as:
- Askold Murov;
- Vladimir Ognev;
- Elena Baskina;
- Igor Yudin;
- Pyotr Zamyatin;
- Eteri Gvazawa.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident students and employees, the conservatory provides a nine-story dormitory for 435 seats. The hostel also allocates 80 places to nonresident applicants for the duration of the entrance examinations. The cost of living in a hostel per month is 705 rubles.
For lunches, students and staff are given access to a canteen with 60 seats in the academic building.
Activities Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
To involve students in the social life of the conservatory, the OIL AND Gas Company holds many events:
- Annual open music lesson for BF wards of helping children diagnosed with cerebral palsy "Ark";
- Festival "International Conservatory Week";
- Open competition for the recitation of poems in native and foreign languages;
- International Festival "Siberian Seasons";
- International competition "West – Siberia – East";
- Open vocal competition with international participation;
- Open Regional Competition of Young Choirmasters in Solfeggio;
- International project "Siberian Piano Forum";
- International Competition of Young Performers on String-Bowed Instruments "French Spring in Novosibirsk";
- International Piano Competition named after E. R. Bliznyuk;
- Festival of Orchestras of Russian Folk Instruments;
- Open Regional Competition of Young Composers named after A. P. Novikov "Roots and Leaves";
- Open competition of video portfolio of the musician in foreign languages.
Also in the conservatory there are student groups:
- Student Symphony Orchestra named after I. I. Sollertinsky;
- Chamber Orchestra of Students of the Novosibirsk Conservatory;
- Orchestra of Russian Folk Instruments of Conservatory Students;
- Academic Choir;
- Opera Studio.
Facilities and equipment at Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
The educational process takes place in one campus. For practical and theoretical classes, the conservatory provides classrooms equipped with modern material and technical equipment and a piano. The total number of musical instruments provided by the educational institution has more than 30 items and more than 600 units.
Students are given access to the library for 60 seats.
For sports, the conservatory offers students a gym, which is also adapted for the disabled and persons with disabilities.
In the institution, students can use an electronic information and educational environment that provides access to:
- Curricula and work plans of disciplines;
- Electronic educational resources;
- Electronic library system.
Admission dates and extra charges
At the Conservatory, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after which students are given holidays (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
Additional expenses of students studying at the oil and gas condensate field include:
- Their stay;
For admission to the RSIS, the applicant is obliged to provide the following list of documents to the admission committee:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at the reception;
- 6 photos ;
- A document confirming registration in the individual accounting system (if any).
The documents that are necessary for admission are sent to the Academy in one of the following ways:
- Personally to the admissions office;
- By mail;
- In electronic form through EPGU (super service "Enter the university online").
At the moment, more than 500 people study at the conservatory. According to the results of the admission campaign of 2022, 223 people were able to enter the conservatory.
In the data provided by the employment service of the city of Novosibirsk, graduates of the oil and gas condensate field are not marked as needing work - it can be concluded that the graduated specialists are in demand in the market. After graduating from the Conservatory, becoming a qualified specialist, you can work in the Academies of Theater and Opera, children's music schools, choirs, theaters and symphony orchestras.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to the educational programs of bachelor's and specialist's degree, the applicant must:
- Completed education not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the Unified State Exam are not lower:
- Russian language — 56;
- Literature — 45.
- Scores obtained on the basis of the results of the entrance profile tests conducted by the conservatory are not lower than 60.
For admission to master's programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Scores obtained on the basis of the results of entrance examinations conducted by the conservatory are not lower than 60.
For admission to postgraduate programs it is necessary:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful passing of entrance tests, with points not lower:
- Musical art — 60;
- Foreign language — 60.
Scholarships Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
For material support of students, the Conservatory provides the following scholarships:
- State Academic Scholarship;
- State social scholarship;
- Scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Personal scholarships;
- Scholarships for students, assigned by legal entities or individuals, including those who sent them to study.
NgK also provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Novosibirsk State Conservatory named after M. I. Glinka
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.