North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
Description of North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
- Location: Vladikavkaz, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17 years;
- Type: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The educational institution was founded in 1920 in the city of Vladikavkaz. The building of this university is a historical monument with the status of cultural heritage.
The educational process of the university includes the successful assimilation of lecture and seminar courses, the passage of educational and pre-diploma practices.
Faculties and colleges
The educational activity of the university is based on the functioning of the following faculties:
- international relations;
- economics and management;
- mathematics and computer science;
- geography and geoecology;
- Russian Philology;
- chemistry, biology and biotechnology;
- physical and technical;
- Ossetian philology;
- psychological and pedagogical;
- physical culture and sports;
NOSU is actively engaged in scientific activities and works in the following areas:
- Mathematical logic, algebra and number theory;
- Physics and technology of condensed matter (including semiconductors);
- Formation of communicative competence in the process of teaching foreign languages and cultures. Asymmetric connections in the language;
- Sociological foundations of activation of harmonious national-Russian bilingualism, as well as linguodidactic aspects of interethnic relations;
- Sustainable development of mountain areas: problems and prospects. Economics, organization, management and forecasting of tourism.
Things to know about
NOSU conducts international cooperation with such organizations as:
- Alexander Moses University, Durris;
- Yerevan State University;
- Ganja State University;
- Allameh Tabatabai University;
- Slovenian Museum of Natural Sciences;
- Utah State University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides two dormitories (398 places). The cost of living per month ranges from 400 to 900 rubles.
For the organization of meals of the university, NOSU has five canteens and one buffet (690 seats in total).
Activities North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
To involve students in the social and scientific life of the university, NOSU conducts and participates in the following events:
- International School-Conference of Young Scientists "The Caucasus in Its Past and Present: History, Archeology, Culture";
- Photo contest of the Russian Geographical Society "The Most Beautiful Country";
- Fundraising courses;
- International Scientific and Practical Conference "Young Scientists in Solving Urgent Problems of Science";
- Olympiad "I am a PROFESSIONAL";
- Youth Forum "Mental Health";
- International action "Geographical Dictation";
- International Scientific and Practical Conference "Battle for the Caucasus";
- All-Russian Festival NAUKA 0+;
- All-Russian educational campaign "Share your Knowledge. New Horizons";
- All-Russian Congress of Soviets of Young Scientists.
Facilities and equipment at North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
The learning process is carried out on 4 campuses of the university. The buildings are equipped with classrooms for lectures and seminars, laboratories and rooms for workshops, equipped with modern material and technical systems: screens, projectors, interactive whiteboards and computers.
Students are given free access to the educational and scientific library, which has auxiliary devices for people with disabilities.
For sports, NOSU students have the following facilities:
- Palace of Sports;
- Sports and recreation complex "Dolphin";
- Tennis hall;
- Rehearsal hall of the ensemble "Iriston".
Admission dates and extra charges
At NOSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying, students incur the following additional costs:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
For admission to NOSU, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- SNILS (if any).
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 520 people entered NOSU for full-time bachelor's and specialist's degrees.
To conduct practice and further employment of its graduates, the university cooperates with the following organizations:
- City Dental Clinic No. 1;
- Prosecutor's Office of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania;
- Arbitration Court of the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania;
- National Bank for the Republic of North Ossetia-Alania of the Southern Main Directorate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation;
- Ministry of Labor and Social Development of North Ossetia-Alania;
Territorial Administration of the Federal Property Management Agency in North Ossetia-Alania
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 40;
- References: — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations with scores of at least 3:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
As material support, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation in priority areas;
- Scholarship of the Government of the Russian Federation in priority areas;
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about North Ossetian State University named after Kosta Levanovich Khetagurov, NOSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.