North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
Description of North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
- Established: 1939
- Location: Canonbury, London, England
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: 900
- Type of institution: private school
North Bridge House Senior Canonbury was founded in 1939. This is a private day school for children aged 11 to 18.
The school management organizes all educational activities in accordance with the latest research by British scientists. North Bridge House Senior Canonbury's work with the Teenage Sleep Foundation and Dr. Paul Kelly of Oxford University led to the introduction of a later start time for students. Professor Sarah-Jane Blakemore and adolescent mental health researcher Johnny Benjamin constantly interact with the school, helping educators and parents get to know teens better.
Most teachers have degrees and work experience at universities. Their efforts in the school environment create warm, friendly relations both between students and within the teaching staff.
The World of Labor meeting is held annually, at which students get the opportunity to ask specialists from different industries. These activities are not perceived as extracurricular, rather they are an integral part of the overall educational process.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
Activities North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
At lunchtime and after school hours, students are encouraged to attend classes that promote the moral, cultural, and physical development of students. It can be:
- Chinese Language Club (Mandarin)
- Sport sections
- Music lessons
- Photo club and others.
Another area of extracurricular activities is aimed at preparing students for adulthood. This is the Duke of Edinburgh Award, courses in financial management, housekeeping, applying for a mortgage and owning a vehicle.
To expand the sphere of interests of students and help them develop new abilities, the school offers to participate in the enrichment program together with partner educational institutions. This summer, for example, students engaged in charity work in Malawi with their peers from Hampstead High School, which is also a part of the Cognita educational network. The enrichment program includes yoga, which all sixth graders are happy to do.
- The desire not only to educate the child, but also to instill in him social responsibility, moral qualities, creative flair, patriotism
- Qualified teachers, including holders of academic degrees and former university staff
- The possibility of entering the school both on Year 7 and on Year 13 - for the last year of study
- The location of the school in an old Tudor style mansion
- Regularly confirmed high academic performance of students
- Wide field for school research
- Opportunity to receive scholarships for partial financing of studies by a charitable foundation.
Facilities and equipment at North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
Northbridge House Canonbury is housed in a unique Tudor-era building over 500 years ago and provides an inspiring and atmospheric learning environment with classrooms equipped with the latest trends.
The school building is surrounded by beautiful blooming gardens, which regularly hold classes in the fresh air. In their free time, students walk around the garden, relaxing and enjoying the beauty and tranquility. North Bridge House Canonbury has dedicated study rooms for science, art, music, and theatrical school. Additionally, the students have at their disposal a library, a sixth-grade gallery and King Edward's Hall, located next to the Canonbury Tower, which is used for meetings, concerts and events.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at North Bridge House Senior Canonbury consists of trimesters. The beginning of classses is in September, the end is in July.
When submitting documents, a registration fee of £ 150 is paid.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission steps at North Bridge House Senior Canonbury :
- Submit an online application on the school website
- Book school time
- Pay the registration fee.
On the appointed day, students pass the entrance tests:
- Applicants Upper school 6th form do not pass the tests, but they must provide GCSE results with grade 6s in Math and English
- Applicants Years 7 to 10 write 45-minute math and english test
- Future students The Sixth Form is being interviewed by the department heads of the subjects for which they plan to take A - Level.
After passing the exams, notifications of admission will be sent to selected applicants.
Scholarships North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
Successful students of Year 7 to 12 can take part in the scholarship program in the following areas:
- Academic Achievements
- Success in art
- Performing excellence.
Successful candidates will receive a scholarship that can partially pay for school fees.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about North Bridge House Senior Canonbury
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.