Nizhny Novgorod State University
Description of Nizhny Novgorod State University
- Founded: 1916
- Location: Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- Language of instruction: Russian
- Number of students: about 18,000
- Rating in Russia: 18.
Nizhny Novgorod State University named after N.I. Lobachevsky is in the TOP-20 universities of Russia: here are modern training programs that allow you to obtain relevant knowledge and skills in the chosen profession. The university is known for research and graduates - many have become successful businessmen, scientists, public figures.
The university is a member of the European University Association, the Association of Leading Russian Universities and the European University Association, has international exchange programs. The number of foreign students is at least 5% of the total number; there are about 1,700 teachers with various academic degrees at the university.
You can enter the programs of different faculties, the most popular of which are:
- Philology and Journalism
- International relations
- Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Biology and Biomedicine
- Information technology and so on.
There is a military department, scholarship payments are available for students with high academic success.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Nizhny Novgorod State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
A dormitory with comfortable living conditions is open for students from other cities and countries. If desired, you can rent a separate room or apartment from $ 150 per month. Students can eat in the student buffet and cafe - this is cheaper than in urban institutions, and no less tasty.
Activities Nizhny Novgorod State University
Students organize various events: performances, competitions, concerts, develop personal data, joining interest clubs and communicating with representatives of different nationalities. The campus has a modern sports field.
Facilities and equipment at Nizhny Novgorod State University
The university has its own research centers and institutes, a science park, laboratories, a library with a large collection of scientific works is open, there are computer classes with stable Internet access.
Admission dates and extra charges
As in other Russian universities, the academic year is divided into semesters, after which the examination session takes place. Additional costs for food, transportation, communications and other related needs will range from $ 200 per month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The requirements are quite simple: a good school certificate or a diploma of previous higher education, successfully passed entrance exams. The percentage of applicants is about 70% of all applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Nizhny Novgorod State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.