MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
Description of MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
- Founded: 1830
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Number of students: more than 20,000
- Percentage of international students: 3%
- Rating in Russia / World: 4/427
- Admission: according to the results of exams.
MSTU is the first technical university in Russia, which includes 19 faculties, laboratories, research centers, 3 branches. This is a university that educates specialists in aerospace, telecommunications and other fields: there are faculties of nanosystems and countering terrorist attacks. The university has several advantages:
- The university has more than 650 professors
- The university has the status of a National Research University: this characterizes it as an educational institution with excellent integration of scientific activities in the educational process
- A large number of budget places: up to 75% of the total
- Employment after study: having received education at MSTU, you can easily get a job in large and prestigious companies - Gazprom, Sberbank, Rusal
- Support for startups of a business cluster: the university provides technical, legal and other support to interesting innovative projects.
There is an association with foreign universities at MSTU, which allows you to get a double education: students exchange programs study abroad for 2 years, after which they become owners of two diplomas at once. There are also short-term exchange programs: for 1 and 2 semesters.
MSTU graduates are: S.P. Korolev (rocket science), A.N. Tupolev (aircraft designer), D.S. Grishin (co-founder of Mail.Ru Group) and other famous people.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
Activities MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
The university supports students' creative initiatives; interest clubs, including KVN, have been created. Regularly held master classes and other events aimed at developing the personal qualities of students, their creative thinking, interaction with each other.
Facilities and equipment at MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
In addition to educational buildings, MSTU offers students:
- A library with nearly 3 million books: there are paper and electronic versions of publications
- Palace of Culture with a hall for 1200 seats: conferences, concerts, performances, theme nights are held here
- Sports complex: it includes a 50-meter pool, gyms, 36 sections.
Admission dates and extra charges
Education at MSTU is carried out according to the standard system: 2 semesters per year. Documents from applicants are accepted from June 20 to July 10.
The cost varies from specialty and ranges from 260,000 rubles to 365,000 rubles per year. Additional costs relate to exchange programs: on average, a month of study and related costs in a foreign university costs 800 €. Applicants can take preparatory courses: their cost is from 7000 rubles to 9800 rubles for 5-7 classes.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to the university is carried out according to the results of internal exams - at most faculties it is: mathematics, physics, Russian. You must also provide:
- Certificate of Secondary or Previous Higher Education
- Copies of letters, if any
- 6 standard photos
- Application for admission.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.