Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov
Description of Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov
- Founded: 1755
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Number of students: more than 30,000
- Percentage of international students: 16%
- Rating in Russia / world: 1/95.
Lomonosov Moscow State University is the country's most prestigious institution of higher education: thousands of Russians and foreigners are striving to get a place among the students of this university. The university was founded in 1755, but received its modern name only in 1940: Mikhail Lomonosov is considered the founder of the university.
The structure of Moscow State University includes 15 research centers, 39 faculties, 380 departments. In the early years, the university offered only 3 faculties: legal, medical, philosophical, and any free citizens of the country could enroll in studies. Three specialties of the university occupy the top lines of international rankings: astronomy, mathematics and physics.
In addition to standard disciplines covering all known areas, Moscow State University offers training in such specialties as bioinformatics and production. Of the famous people graduated from Moscow State University:
- B. L. Pasternak
- L. D. Landau
- M.S. Gorbachev
- A. D. Sakharov.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov
Accommodation, meals, prices
For students of Moscow State University, places are provided in dormitories: some of them are located near the university on the Sparrow Hills, the rest are in the south-western district of the capital. Getting to study is easy: public transport routes run from each hostel.
Facilities and equipment at Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov
In addition to educational buildings, the Moscow State University includes:
- Science park
- Botanical Garden
- Publishing house
- Boarding school
- Cultural Center
- 4 museums.
Admission dates and extra charges
At MSU, the cost of training is approximately 320,000 rubles per year for full-time education; for external students at MSU, the cost of training each year is half as much: about 160,000 rubles. Russian and foreign applicants can also apply for a free place with sufficient training. Students have the opportunity to receive a scholarship from 2,400 to 3,000 rubles per month, depending on their academic success.
Education begins in September and consists of two semesters. Reception of documents starts in late June, ends in mid-July.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission to Moscow State University is a complex process, which is better to plan 2-3 years before graduation: the university has courses with a large selection of disciplines. The main requirement is a high score for the exam. Applicants with a sufficient exam score are allowed to take additional internal exams: each discipline has a separate profile list.
Internal exams may not pass:
- Applicants with higher education
- Applicants Trained in Foreign Schools
- People with disabilities.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Moscow State University named after MV Lomonosov
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.