Moscow State Institute of International Relations - MGIMO
Description of Moscow State Institute of International Relations - MGIMO
- Established: October 14, 1944
- Location: Moscow, Russia
- Type of education: mixed
- Language of instruction: Russian, English.
Today MGIMO is one of the most popular and oldest universities in Russia, releasing international specialists. Every year, applicants come to Moscow who want to get a quality education in one of the leading universities in the Russian Federation. Currently, the Moscow State Institute of International Relations is teaching over 9,000 students, some of whom are foreigners. The higher educational application does not impose specific requirements on the age, gender, nationality of the applicant - any citizen who wants to study in the capital can submit documents to a prestigious university. The university provides an opportunity to get a first-class education in such areas as journalism, international relations, trade, political science, business IT, etc., providing 2 options for education:
The main emphasis of the leading university is based on linguistic and country studies: MGIMO's reputation is one of the best not only in the capital, but also abroad.
The structure of the university consists of 10 faculties and 76 departments. The mission of the educational institution is to form qualified specialists who are able to quickly and productively respond to a wide range of international problems. At the moment, MGIMO is effectively integrating into the Bologna process: the university has switched to a world multi-level system of education, which includes a four-year undergraduate program with the option of advanced education to a master's degree. The master's programs of the university are based on the most pressing issues of international relations, some of them are supported by French, German, Italian, American, Norwegian prestigious universities with the subsequent receipt of 2 diplomas. After a successful completion of the master's program, graduates can continue their education by moving on to the following stages - graduate school, doctoral studies. In addition, MGIMO offers the opportunity to improve their qualifications in business, linguistics, international competencies or taking one of the specialized courses, MBA.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Moscow State Institute of International Relations - MGIMO
- International accreditation of all proposed study programs at three levels of academic preparation
- A chance to get free education for talented applicants applying for a budget department (as a rule, the competition is up to 18 people per place)
- The university has the right to independently organize dissertation councils, establishing their powers, and award the qualifications of a candidate, doctor of sciences
- Highly qualified staff of teachers who are professors, researchers, famous scientists, for example, Pivovarov V.K., Simonia N.A.
Facilities and equipment at Moscow State Institute of International Relations - MGIMO
On the territory of MGIMO, a modern, rich and convenient infrastructure has been prepared:
Here, a number of entertainment events are held in which everyone can take part: creative evenings, film premieres, competitions (for example, MGIMO Music awards, KVN, etc.).
Equipped venue with 775 seats, which is the main venue for concerts, celebrations, where famous speakers perform, Career Days, alumni meetings are held.
In this institution, students are given the opportunity to learn a new sport; the center is equipped with a platform for fans, a pool.
A private clinic allows students to receive qualified medical care, including for foreigners.
Modern hostels are located in close proximity to the educational institution, which allows students to spend the minimum number of times on the road, devoting most of the educational process.
On the territory of the university there is a center representing car courses.
Admission dates and extra charges
The duration of the study cycle at MGIMO is from one to 6 years, the number of students depends on the group: as a rule, there are no more than 7 students in language classes, but about 60 are present at lectures. The academic year starts on September 1, but for some faculties, the start date of studies is agreed additionally.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Moscow State Institute of International Relations - MGIMO
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.