Mari State University, MarSU
Description of Mari State University, MarSU
- Location: Yoshkar-Ola, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1972 and is currently one of the regional flagship universities.
The educational process includes the passage of lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical classes, the successful completion of educational and pre-diploma practices.
Faculties and colleges
The educational process is based on the following faculties:
- Physical and mathematical;
- Historical and philological;
- General and vocational education;
- Physical culture, sports and tourism;
- Foreign languages;
- Psychological and pedagogical.
On the basis of the university, the journal " Bulletin of the Mari State University" is printed and published in the following series:
- Agricultural Sciences. Economic sciences;
- Historical sciences. Jurisprudence.
The priority areas in the scientific activity of the university are:
- Power engineering and electrical engineering;
Things to know about
MarSU conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Osh State University;
- Republican Institute for Advanced Training and Retraining of Educators;
- Institute of Finance and Economics of Tajikistan;
- Tajik State Pedagogical University named after Sadriddin Aini;
- Institute of Energy of Tajikistan;
- Andijan State University;
- Karakalpak State University;
- Kyrgyz Economic University named after M. Ryskulbekov.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Mari State University, MarSU
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident full-time students, the university provides a campus of 9 dormitories.
For meals for students and staff, the university has 6 food outlets on the territory of the university. The total number of seats is 502.
Activities Mari State University, MarSU
To involve students in social and scientific life, the university conducts and takes part in the following events:
- Fair of Opportunities;
- Young professionals;
- Intellectual Olympiad of the Volga Federal District;
- Donor marathon "Don't be afraid to save someone's life" in memory of the first head of the SB MarSU Ekaterina Puzyreva;
- Championship of intellectual games among students;
- Competition of the Volga Federal District "Tatyana of the Volga region";
- Cross-country skiing;
- Festival-competition of amateur creativity "Student Spring";
- International Finno-Ugric Student Forum "The Wealth of the Finno-Ugric Peoples";
- Rector's Ball of graduates "Opera of the Republic";
- Summer student camp "We can do anything!".
Facilities and equipment at Mari State University, MarSU
The educational process is carried out in comfortable and modern classrooms for lectures and seminars, laboratory and practical classes. The classrooms are equipped with the necessary material and technical support: screens, projectors, computers, electronic boards and TVs.
Students are given access to four educational and scientific libraries with a total capacity of reading rooms of 376 seats.
For sports, the university has all the necessary facilities:
- 2 outdoor stadiums of a wide profile with elements of an obstacle course;
- Sports building;
- 7 gyms;
- Shooting gallery;
- Ski base;
- 2 sports grounds;
Admission dates and extra charges
At MarSU, the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- A document confirming registration in the system of individual (personalized) accounting (if any);
- Photography is for persons applying for training based on the results of entrance examinations conducted by the university independently.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
At the moment, more than 9000 students study at the university.
A career center has been organized at MarSU to arrange students for practice and help graduates find employment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 39;
- chemistry — 39;
- Informatics and ICT — 44;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology, 39;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Literature — 40;
- Geography — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Mari State University, MarSU
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Mari State University, MarSU
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.