Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
Description of Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
- Location: Lipetsk, Russia;
- Age of students: from 17;
- Type of training: mixed;
- Language of instruction: Russian.
The university was founded in 1949, being the oldest university in the city of Lipetsk.
The learning process includes a course of lectures and seminars, practical and laboratory classes, educational and pre-diploma practice.
Faculties and colleges
The learning process is based on the following institutions:
- natural, mathematical and technical sciences;
- psychology and education;
- history, law and social sciences;
- culture and art;
- physical culture and sports.
At LSPU, scientific research is carried out in the following areas:
- Applied physiology and psychophysiology;
- Experimental and theoretical studies of the physical properties of solids;
- Fundamentals of rationalization and inventive activity in the development of technical creativity of students;
- Studies of actual problems of pedagogy, education and upbringing;
- Problems of socio-economic and political development of Asian and African countries in modern and modern times;
- The study of the essence of aesthetic phenomena through the prism of philosophy;
- Problems of mutual understanding in the dialogue of cultures (linguistic and methodological aspects);
- The study of social problems in modern Russian society. Theory and Practice of Social Work: Problems and Prospects;
- Theory and methodology of formation of legal consciousness and legal culture of minors;
- Problems of system analysis, management and information processing.
Things to know about
The University conducts international cooperation with the following organizations:
- Shirak State University after M. Nalbandian;
- Mozyr State Pedagogical University named after I.P. Shamyakin;
- Kokshetau University named after Abay Myrzakhmetov;
- Luoyang Normal University;
- Gulistan State University;
- Educational, Scientific and Production Complex "International University of Kyrgyzstan";
- Tajik National University;
- Francisk Skaryna Gomel State University.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
Accommodation, meals, prices
For nonresident students, the university provides 2 comfortable dormitories. The cost of living for 1 month is 753 rubles.
For catering, the university has three canteens for 220 seats.
Activities Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
To involve students in social and scientific activities, the university organizes and takes part in the following events:
- Scientific and educational project "Civil University";
- International Student Festival of Cossack Culture "Thank God that we are Cossacks!";
- Festival of "nominal" universities "The Names of Russia - the Glory of Russia" ;
- Competition of vocal skills among foreign students studying at Russian universities – VISA;
- Physical culture and sports intercollegiate festival "Cold Games";
- Festival of Children's Games and Creativity "Country "PEDAGOGY";
- The project of the student historical club Clio "Cultural subbotniks";
- Summer "City of Masters" for foreign students;
- "Sport-Boyard" is a physical culture and sports program of competitions among students of universities of the Lipetsk region.
Facilities and equipment at Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
The educational process takes place in modern classrooms designed for lectures and seminars. The classrooms are equipped with all the necessary material and technical equipment: projectors, screens, computers and an audio system. On the territory of the university there are 19 computer classes for 900 PCs.
The university provides students with free access to the educational and scientific library, the fund of which is more than 300,000 titles. The library has 3 reading rooms with a total capacity of 284 people.
For sports activities the university has the following facilities:
- Wrestling hall;
- Center for Spiritual and Physical Improvement of Youth;
- Sports ground;
- Choreographic hall.
Admission dates and extra charges
At LSPU, the learning process in the academic year is divided into two semesters: autumn and spring. At the end of each, an examination session is held, after passing the students, they are given vacations (in winter in January, in summer in July and August).
When studying at the university students undertake the following additional expenses:
- to pay for accommodation in a dormitory;
- for foodstuffs;
- for leisure and recreation.
To enter the university, you must provide:
- Identity document, citizenship;
- State-issued document on education and qualifications;
- Documents confirming the use of the right to admission within a special quota;
- Documents confirming individual achievements, the results of which are taken into account at admission;
- Photo 3x4 cm.;
- In case of discrepancy in the documents of the name and (or) surname - a document confirming the change of name and (or) surname.
The necessary package of documents is provided to the university:
- By mail;
- In person to the admissions office;
- Through EPGU.
According to the results of the 2022 admission campaign, more than 130 people enrolled in undergraduate programs.
To simplify the process of applying for an internship and a job at the university, there is a Department in the field of employment.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
For admission to bachelor's and specialist's educational programs, an applicant must:
- Completed education is not lower than secondary general;
- Points received for the exam are not lower than:
- Mathematics — 39;
- Physics — 40;
- chemistry — 40;
- Informatics and ICT — 45;
- Russian language — 40;
- Social Studies — 45;
- History — 35;
- Biology — 40;
- Foreign language – 30;
- Geography — 40;
- References: — 40.
For admission to master's programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of the entrance examinations of the university with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself.
For admission to postgraduate programs, you must:
- Completed higher education;
- Successful completion of entrance examinations, with scores not lower than the threshold set by the university itself:
- Special discipline;
- Foreign language.
Scholarships Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
As material support for students, the university allocates the following scholarships for students:
- State Academic;
- State social;
- scholarships of the President of the Russian Federation;
- scholarships of the Government of the Russian Federation;
- Scholarships for students of the preparatory department.
In addition, the university provides financial assistance to students in need.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Lipetsk State Pedagogical University named after P. P. Semenov-Tyan-Shansky, Leningrad State Pedagogical University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.