Description of Kuwait University
- Established: 1966
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Rating: 788.
Kuwait University (KU) was officially opened on November 27, 1966 and initially consisted of 4 colleges: science, arts, education and a college for women. The university offers training programs in the field of engineering, social and human sciences, medicine and natural sciences, implemented in six campuses of the institution:
KU is part of the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World (FUIW).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Kuwait University
- The university occupies the first position in the ranking of the best universities in the country
- KU is in the top 5% of the best universities in the world
- The educational institution has scholarship programs.
Facilities and equipment at Kuwait University
KU is located in Kuwait's capital, Kuwait City, and includes its own library.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year at the university lasts from September to May and consists of two semesters.
- The cost of living in Kuwait is 708 $ -1307 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, applicants need secondary education and compliance with the requirements established by the policy of admission to an educational institution.
The selection committee reserves the right to require students to pass a fitness test before they are accepted to the faculty. At the same time, enrollment occurs using the equivalent average system (combining the GPA with the suitability test results).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Kuwait University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.